Jason Saunders walks into the passenger seat of the car and closes the door while starring in silence.San Francisco, 2020.
Bennett
So, what did he say?
Saunders
We’re getting our own team.
Gabriel is leaving his usual gym. He notices a face from a woman walking down the street and does a double take.New Jersey, 2020.
GabrielThe woman turns around and notices Gabriel. She starts running away. Gabriel chases her down the street.
HEY!
GabrielGabriel finally catches up with the woman and pins her against a wall.
Hey! STOP!
GabrielPolice start running towards Gabriel.
You! I remember you! You were part of the group that kept me in that cell! You ruined my life!
Felicia
I know. You might want to let go of me now, Mr. Fields.
PoliceGabriel stalls for a second but then lets go of her.
Ma’am, is everything okay?
Felicia
Yes, officer, this is just a simple misunderstanding. You’re going to unhand me now, right?
FeliciaThe police walk away.
Thank you.
Police
If you need anything, we’ll just be down the street there.
Gabriel
So you’re following me now?
Felicia
I can assure you, Mr. Fields, I have better things to do; like shopping for a new curling iron.
Gabriel
Then what are you doing here?
Felicia
I just told you, I’m shopping. I’m no longer working for the government. Believe me, if I had known you lived around here I would not have moved here.
Gabriel
How could you do this to me?
Felicia
It wasn’t my decision alone. We had long discussions about what to do in a situation where you disobeyed. I was one of the voices of reason. We accomplished our goal, I saw no reason not to bring you back to your family but it was out of my hands. I was following orders.
Gabriel
So I’m just supposed to forgive and forget you for everything you’ve done?
Felicia
I wouldn’t expect you to. You have every right to lash out on me but I’m guessing you’d rather talk about it, knowing the way you left that place. How about I buy you a coffee so we can clean the air between us?
BANG! Cole Bennett forces Logan’s head down against a table.San Francisco, 2020.
BennettTwo FBI agents take Logan away.
I knew this day would come.
Logan
Yeah, laugh it up, Cole! We’ll see who gets the last laugh!
Bennett
That’s the lamest thing I’ve ever heard. Trafficking drugs and firearms? You’re going away for a long time, Logan. Take him away, boys.
LoganSaunders walks up to Bennett.
I’ll get you for this, Bennett! You’re going to wish you never messed with me!
Bennett
Finally being able to lock up Logan, starting our new job tomorrow, asking Claire to marry me later at dinner; this has got to be the best day of my life.
Saunders
Good luck tonight, Cole.
The door to Gabriel’s apartment burst open as he and Felicia Grey barge in and begin taking each other’s clothes off. They bump into a shelf on their way to the bedroom and a picture falls shattering on the ground.
Saunders is in his office about to leave for the day and saying his last goodbyes to his co-workers.
SaundersThompson cups the phone he was using while Saunders was talking.
Well, I’m going to miss all of you guys. Except Thompson, of course, who is coming with me to the new job. What’s the matter, Frank? Speechless?
Thompson
Sir, they just found the car the police were bringing Logan Fisk in with. The officers were passed out and he was gone!
Saunders
What?
Bennett drives his car up to the restaurant he is meeting Claire at. There is an ambulance and a dozen police officers around. He walks up holding flowers.
BennettBennett takes a look at the woman they are lifting onto the stretcher.
What’s going on?
Police
Sir, please step back.
Bennett
CLAIRE! Is she alright?
Police
Sorry sir, please step back...
Felicia is staring at a photo that Gabriel leaves by his bedside. It is a picture of himself, Adam, and Carrie.
FeliciaGabriel sighs.
If you don’t mind me asking, why didn’t you return home to your loved ones after they let you free?
Gabriel
I couldn’t do that to them. They thought I was dead for all these years. To just return….
Gabriel
You see that woman in the picture?
Felicia
I believe her name was Carrie Walsh. I assume that’s where you got your new last name from. Did you love her?
Gabriel
I still do.
The doors burst open to Logan’s hideout. Men start turning towards Bennett’s direction.
LoganBennett is holding a gun in each hand and starts firing at every man who begins pointing their gun to him until he can’t keep up with all of them any more.
Bennett! I told you! I told you that you’d regret…
LoganBennett charges towards Logan, still shooting those who are now firing back at him. Bennett takes a couple of shots to the chest but barely flinches. By the time he gets to Logan he kills everyone but Logan knocks him down before he can strike. He then stands over Bennett with a gun to his head.
Oh my God! He’s lost it! Kill him! Kill the bastard!
Gabriel
I always loved her, but I saw the way she looked at my brother. She wanted him and he was clueless. I knew she wouldn’t be over him and that she wouldn’t love me. I think it’s half the reason I enlisted.
Felicia
Your brother is married now. Why not go back and see her? Tell her how you feel?
LoganBennett’s wounds are starting to take effect as he is having trouble breathing and is bleeding on the ground.
I’ve been waiting a long time for this. This is the best day of my life.
LoganBANG!
Now we’re done!
Gabriel
If I known what would have happened, that that night would be the last time I saw her, I would have told her then. But it’s too late now. It’s been so long, they all think I’m dead, and I’ve changed. It wouldn’t be the same. But I wish I would have told her that night. Now, I’ll never get that chance.
Bennett opens his eyes and sees Logan lying on the ground with a bullet between his eyes. He looks around to see Saunders standing holding a smoking gun pointed where Logan was standing.
SaundersSaunders carries Bennett to his car.
Yes. Now we’re done.
To be continued...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave a comment here!