Saunders handcuffs Bobby.BobbyJason! Hey, buddy. I was wondering when you’d show up. Your friends here are really rude. They won’t even let me leave. Can you tell them so I can go already?
Saunders punches Bobby in the stomach.BobbyHey! What gives?
SaundersI know you’ve been betraying us. Stealing and selling Pods, giving away government information. You’re going to tell us everything.
BobbyOf course. Jeez, you don’t have to be so rough about it. I’m not the one who steals the Pods. There’s a guy I meet. I don’t know his name but he knows I am close with Joe and he somehow finds me when he needs me. I tell him what I know about LifeSource, easiest ways around the security, stuff like that. He gave me a lot of money for that information. If this is referring to Nico, I’m not exactly sure how he found out that I was involved with this but he asked me where I can find the guy who had one of them. Luckily for him, the guy found me the next day and I organized a meeting between the two. That’s all I know about the Pods.
SaundersNo, you know more. I want you to give us a detailed description of this guy and anything else you know about him. I want you tell me where the Pods go and who’s buying them. I want you to tell me what you know about Daniel Fields and where Lisa Fields is hiding and how much Joe is involved with hiding Lisa Fields.
BobbyI don’t know any of that stuff.
BobbyHey, I’m not lying! Look, I don’t know much else about the guy but I’ll give you as best of a description as I can. I don’t know who they sell the Pods to, I just give them the information and don’t ask questions; not with the money they give me. I don’t know who the hell this Daniel Fields is. What is he like Adam’s cousin or brother or something?
SaundersIt’s his brother. And I’m still not convinced.
BobbyAlright, well, I don’t know about Joe helping out his daughter but it sounds to me like you ought to be asking him about that stuff.
SaundersWe’re working on that.
Joe Tyler opens the door to the people knocking. Agents Thompson and Chang are at the door.
Joe has a surprised look on his face by this name.JoeBack again so soon? I told you, I don’t have any answers for you.
ThompsonWe have a statement from a source that says you know about your daughter’s whereabouts and have a hand in helping her escape.
JoeWell your source is crazy because I told you already I haven’t seen my daughter since before the accident.
ChangWhere were you on the day of the crash?
JoeHere. I was on the phones making business calls when it happened.
ThompsonHow about when Lisa ran from the hospital? An officer reported that she was headed here. Did she end up coming here or calling at all?
JoeNo, she didn’t. Why are you two here, exactly? I thought Jason’s team wasn’t the one looking for her.
ThompsonAgent Saunders has more important matters to attend to. We have been the ones assigned to finding out what happened to her.
JoeGreat. That makes me feel so much better. Doesn’t that mean Saunders is still in charge of the operation?
ChangTell us what you know about Daniel Fields.
JoeWho?
ChangAdam’s brother. He supposedly died in the war in Iraq.
JoeOh yes, I heard about that. I’m afraid I don’t know much about the man. I barely heard Adam talk about him. What do you mean, ‘supposedly’?
ThompsonThat’s classified information for now.
JoeSo he is alive, then?
ThompsonWhat, didn’t you understand about the word ‘classified’?
JoeWell now I wish I was talking to Jason. He would give me the answer if I asked him.
ThompsonDon’t be so sure about that.
Gabriel is walking around the burned down warehouse. The majority of the lot is covered in ash and the charred remains of the building. He’s been following the agents to learn more about them. The only thing he has found out so far is that they are very dangerous and won’t let anyone get in their way. Gabriel begins to look more closely through the ash and notices that not only is there wood and metal, but also corpses under the ash. He begins to start digging around to find them and silently says a prayer for each one. When he’s done he walks up to the destroyed Regeneration Pod. Parts of the Pod have scattered everywhere. Gabriel checks to see if the GPS tracker still works but it doesn’t seem like any part of the Pod is still functional.
Gabriel hears something from outside the warehouse. A bloody, burnt man stumbles into the warehouse.GabrielDamn. There goes that plan.
Gabriel takes out his phone and takes a picture of the man.KevinWho are you? Are you one of them? Come to make sure that everyone here stays dead? Well I’m still here! You might as well finish me off!
Gabriel walks by the man.KevinWhy did you just take a picture of me?
GabrielIf you really want to get back at the guys who did this to you, and at the same time treat those wounds, you should go to a hospital.
KevinIf I go to a hospital and they find out I’ve used a Pod illegally they’ll kill me.
GabrielWell, maybe this picture will be good enough then. Good luck staying alive without anyone treating those wounds.
GabrielOh and I’m sorry for your loss.
Lisa, Ryan, and their neighbours are at Mason’s soccer game.
Mason’s team scores a goal. All the parents get up and start cheering. Ryan and Charlotte are watching the game from a playground nearby.LisaSo how many sports does your son play?
MaryNot as much as he wants to. It’s hard enough to keep up with what he’s already involved in. Does Ryan play any sports?
LisaHe used to play a little bit of baseball. Ryan is more into books and computers though.
MaryOur Charlotte loves books. She has somewhat of a library in her room.
Charlotte laughs.RyanMason is pretty good.
CharlottePlease don’t tell him that. He’ll just brag about his ‘mad skills’ all day.
RyanSo does he play every sport ever or what?
CharlotteIf he had his way he’d be playing more. I don’t know how he does it.
RyanMaybe he’s a robot.
Mason just scored a goal for the team.CharlotteYeah, maybe he was built in a lab and my parents adopted him thinking he was normal.
RyanIs he actually adopted?
CharlotteNo, I was only joking. Don’t be so serious.
The two kids laugh.RyanYeah, he’s definitely a robot.
Charlotte kisses Ryan and he gets flustered.RyanWe should probably go back. I think the game’s almost over.
Charlotte walks away to where the parents are watching the game. Ryan is stunned for a moment before he chases after her.RyanOh, uh, what... what was that for?
CharlotteI don’t know. I guess I kind of like you.
Joe Tyler walks into a coffee shop near LifeSource and orders a coffee and a danish and goes to add cream to his coffee. There is a man at the table with him.
Gabriel takes a seat at a table and takes out his phone, as if to seem like he’s looking through his contacts. Joe sits down, drinking his coffee and lifting up the day’s paper, pretending to read it. Gabriel lifts the phone to his ear.GabrielGrab a seat near me but don’t make it seem like we’re talking with each other.
JoeI’m sorry?
GabrielDon’t look my way.
JoeOh. It’s you...
Joe sighs.GabrielThere are FBI agents watching your every move.
JoeDon’t think I haven’t noticed. They think they’re being clever with that black car outside.
GabrielWhy the sudden surveillance?
JoeI think they’re starting to suspect I’m betraying them.
GabrielYou are betraying them.
JoeHow, exactly? By protecting my daughter? What does it have to do with them?
GabrielWell it is their job.
JoeWhat are you doing here, anyway?
GabrielI need your friend’s personal number.
JoeWhy would I give you that?
GabrielWell, I would consider it a favour you owe me. You know, for all I’ve done for your daughter.
JoeI’m sorry, was that you who had the money and resources to give her a start at a new life?
GabrielI saved her life.
Gabriel doesn’t seem to care.JoeFine. It’s 555-1379. What do you need it for?
GabrielI’m going to text him a joke. It’s a really funny one. You wouldn’t appreciate it, though.
JoeOf course. You know, I figured out who you are.
GabrielHave you? Congratulations, should we throw a party to celebrate?
Joe takes a minute to answer.JoeYou’re Daniel Fields. You’re Adam’s brother.
GabrielAnd how did you come to that conclusion?
JoeWell first of all, I mistook you for him at the restaurant; you look just like him. Secondly, some FBI agents asked about you.
GabrielWell then, it seems you’re the last to know.
JoeThen why continue the alias?
GabrielIt’s a long story, but I’m sure you know all about it.
JoeOh, I know your story very well. I’m sorry to hear about your ordeal. If you don’t mind me asking; where did you go afterwards?
GabrielI don’t think you deserve the right to ask me that question.
JoeFair enough. Well, I have another question for you. Do you know if Jason Saunders is the one who is looking for Lisa?
GabrielAre they not giving you a straight answer when you ask them?
JoeOh they’re giving me a straight answer, but I don’t know if it’s the truth.
GabrielWell I do know the answer to that. I have a question for you. Do you know if Adam is still alive?
JoeAnswer my question first.
GabrielYour friends are betraying you, too.
JoeI thought as much. Still, I don’t know if you’re lying to have me turn on them.
GabrielI really don’t care what you think one way or another. I still think you’re supporting the wrong side, but if you choose to continue associating yourself with those evil souls that’s your prerogative. I answered your question, now it’s your turn.
Gabriel gets up to leave.JoeWhat you’ve heard is true.
GabrielNow I don’t know if you’re lying.
JoeWhy would I lie?
GabrielWhy indeed.
GabrielI lost my name the day my life was taken from me.
JoeI wish I had that luxury.
GabrielAt least you chose your life.
To be continued...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave a comment here!