Before You Read!

If this is your first time here, you might want to check out the Introduction before you begin or start off from the beginning with Chapter 1: Reborn (Part 1).

Chapter 7: Playing Games (Part 3)

Part 1Part 2Part 3

All the agents are back at the offices.
Saunders
I can’t believe he got us.

Bennett
He definitely accessed one of the computers. And it looks like he copied some files to an external drive or something.

Saunders
Okay so let’s assume he was lying about leaving something at LifeSource and lying about the warehouse. It can’t be a coincidence that he mentioned Mr. Tyler being up to something and then him disappearing. He must be in communication with Mr. Tyler which means we have something else to ask him about. Make him our priority for now. I want him found.
Bennett takes out a map.
Bennett
He was last seen here.
Bennett circles a large area of the map.
Bennett
We need to search this entire area and its borders and fast. We don’t know how far he went. Each of you is given a place to search. We will also investigate why this location is significant in any way.

Saunders
Alright, don’t just stand here! Go!


Lisa and Ryan are at home.
Lisa
So I want to talk to you about your birthday.

Ryan
My birthday isn’t for another few months.

Lisa
Not according to your new birth certificate.

Ryan
Grandpa Joe even made me a fake birth certificate?

Lisa
Well it says it’s in two weeks. What do you want to do?

Ryan
I don’t know. We can’t really have a party.

Lisa
We’ll do whatever you want to do, just let me know when you decide.

Ryan
Will the Wilsons be there?

Lisa
No, they don’t have to be. It can be just you and me.

Ryan
No, I don’t mind. We can do something with them.

Lisa
Ah, so they’re growing on you, huh? We’ll see what they say.

Two days later FBI offices
Bennett
So, we have some news.

Saunders
Please tell me it’s that you found Joe Tyler. It’s been two days and he’s still missing.

Bennett
It’s about an incident in Oakland.

Saunders
What incident?

Bennett
A man checked into a hospital two days ago burnt and bloody. He didn’t give them a name or information about what happened. The hospital had to treat him and now that he’s doing better they’re demanding questions from him and the authorities are finally talking to him.

Saunders
Why am I hearing about this right now?

Bennett
Sir, we had been so sure that Daniel Fields was fooling us about finding something or someone at the warehouse but I was never fully convinced. However, at the time we needed full attention to finding Mr. Tyler and I was determined on finding him. So after two days of no information I decided to take it upon myself to investigate in that area and just found out the information right now.
Saunders sits and takes this information in.
Saunders
While I’m not exactly thrilled you went on this secret assignment without telling me, I’m glad you did so. Let’s try getting to this man before he talks.


Gabriel is sitting in the apartment he lives in. He is staring at his laptop looking through everything he stole from the FBI agents. He decides he needs a break after not finding anything of grave importance after two days of searching. He goes into his fridge which is practically empty except a few bottles of ginger ale, cheese, milk – which was probably older than he thinks – left over Chinese food and an apple. Gabriel takes a glass out of his cupboard and fills it with tap water. Right as he goes to drink it a phone vibrates in his pocket. He takes it out and answers it.
Gabriel
Yes?

Lionel
Am I speaking with Gabriel?

Gabriel
Go ahead, Lionel.

Lionel
Normally I would bring this information to the FBI first but in light of what you told me I thought it would be best coming to you.

Gabriel
What is it?

Lionel
I just received word from a client in a hotel in Oakland and they told me of a man who is severely burnt with gun wounds who they suspect has possibly used a Pod.

Gabriel
How could they tell that?

Lionel
This woman is a close friend of mine and has been with the company since the beginning. She knows about the ‘after-effects’ and knows that any other person would have died from this injury.

Gabriel
Well I’m glad to hear the man got medical attention and is alright.

Lionel
Yeah, he checked in two days ago and is recovering... wait... did... did you know about this?

Gabriel
About the injured man? Yes. I met him and told him to go to a hospital.

Lionel
Who is he? Help me out here. I need to know what’s going on.

Gabriel
The man was attacked by those agents.

Lionel
What? No way. Why would they try to kill this guy?

Gabriel
For the very reasons you know of. They want power and this man had a Regeneration Pod and knew their secret so in their mind they had to kill him.

Lionel
Oh my God. Alright, so, do the agents know he’s alive?

Gabriel
If they don’t already, they will soon.

Lionel
Why is that?

Gabriel
Because it’s all part of plan of fighting back.

Lionel
More taunting? How is that going to get you anywhere?

Gabriel
It’s already helped me more than you know. In case they don’t know, don’t tell them. I know it’s the law and they will probably kill the man but you’re better off not saying anything and letting fate decide what will happen to him.

Lionel
And by fate you mean the hospital and the local FBI in that city?

Gabriel
So you’re saying you don’t see that as fate?

Lionel
I’m not a huge believer in anything.

Gabriel
I would assume so in the line of work you’re into.

Lionel
One thing I am a huge believer in is saving lives and bringing a better tomorrow. If it wasn’t for these laws, Protesters, and damn unnecessary questionings of morality we would all be living in a world we would get to experience longer. Your brother would agree.

Gabriel
At least now you know the dark side of where your technology has gotten you. You can’t trust the FBI, especially not agent Saunders and Bennett. They will not hesitate to kill you if they think it’s necessary.

Lionel
Thanks like I wasn’t scared enough going into work.

Gabriel
Call me when you have more information to share. Be safe.
Gabriel hangs up the phone, drinks the glass of water, and heads back to his laptop.



Agent Saunders and Bennett arrive at the hospital and head to the receptionist’s desk and show their badges.
Saunders
Agent Saunders and Agent Bennett of San Francisco FBI. We discovered you had a patient come in here with burns and gunshot wounds. This man may be a person of interest in a case we’re investigating and we would like to see if it’s the man we’re looking for.

Reception
Of course. I know the patient you’re asking about. Here’s the information you need.
The receptionist prints out a sheet of paper and hands it to the agents.
Saunders
Thank you.
The agents find the room the person is in and find two FBI agents already there.
Miller
Can I help you?

Saunders
Agent Saunders and agent Bennett of San Francisco FBI.

Miller
Hello agent Saunders. My name is Miller, this is agent Davis. What brings you here?

Saunders
We work for the special department for all Regeneration Pod activity.

Miller
Ah, yes. I heard of this special “Section Six” team that San Francisco got. May I ask how you found out about this man and the suspicion that he may be in possession of a Pod?

Saunders
Agent Bennett here has been investigating hospitals nearby our city to find out any information about recent thefts at the LifeSource headquarters. He heard of this individual and we believe he may be involved in a case we are looking at and wish to bring him to San Francisco to question him.

Miller
Why not just question him here?

Saunders
That’s classified information. We believe he may be involved in more than a simple theft and we need information. That’s all I can tell you.

Miller
Well, Mr. Saunders, until I get official word of this then you can’t take this man. For now, please wait outside until we’re done our questioning. We can let you ask your questions when we’re done here but this man stays here until I receive word otherwise. Not that it will matter. He’s not saying much anyways. Now if you don’t mind we’d like to continue with our investigation here.
Agent Saunders and Bennett give the injured man an evil glare and he freezes in the hospital bed in fear knowing that the agents have come there to kill him. The agents leave the room.
Saunders
Damn it!

Bennett
What do we do now?

Saunders
We can’t call the NSA and tell them there’s a lead here for the missing Pods because then they might find out about the warehouse. I can maybe get a call through to give us permission to transfer him without questions.

Bennett
Will it work?

Saunders
Only one way to find out, I guess. It’s our last option. We need to get that man before he says anything or anyone becomes suspicious.

Bennett
Sir, if Daniel Fields was right about this he could also be right about other things. What do we do about LifeSource and Joe Tyler?

Saunders
Have two dedicated officers at LifeSource from now on until we catch Mr. Fields. Mr. Tyler is long gone by now and we won’t be able to catch him. Call off the search.

Bennett
But, sir...

Saunders
Mr. Tyler is a busy man; too busy for his own good. He will turn up soon on his own. He’s not like his daughter. He can’t start a new life that easily on the run. He’ll be back.

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment here!