| Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 |
Lisa and Ryan are sitting in the dining room of their new neighbours’ house. They feel a little awkward about the situation; they have just unexpectedly moved to a new house in a new town, they have different names, and are eating dinner with a family they just met. Lisa tries to look past this uncomfortable situation and tries to act normal.
Lisa
MaryOh, he’s a pretty big lawyer in this town.
TomWell, honey, I wouldn’t say I’m that big of a lawyer.
MaryHis signs are all over town. I’m sure you’ve seen them.
LisaOh, sure.
Lisa has not seen any advertisements. She just got into town and wasn’t exactly taking in the sights. Ryan knows the question asked is about to return from the other end so he asks a question to avoid having Lisa think of a clever answer.
RyanWhat school do you go to?
CharlotteNotre Dame Elementary.
RyanIs it nice?
MasonIt’s alright. There’s a pretty big gym.
CharlotteYeah, but they keep buying sports junk for the gym instead of new instruments.
Mary
LisaOh, well Ryan actually knows how to play the guitar.
RyanI know a little bit.
MaryWell maybe you should try out for the school band with our Charlotte here if you decide to go to Notre Dame.
RyanMaybe.
It seems as though they’re having a regular dinner conversation but in their minds Lisa and Ryan are very uncomfortable and would give anything to get out of there. They can’t imagine it feeling any more awkward then it already does.
TomSo, Melissa, what is it that you do for a living?
Gabriel peers over his shoulder as he continues his run from the agents and thanking God for his many talents; martial arts, urban evasion, and even parkour. Right now that last one is coming in handy as he climbs and leaps up from the ground and onto a low windowsill. From there he runs directly upwards towards the next level and once more jumps, this time leaving himself dangling on the edge of the building.
SaundersWhere is he climbing to? And how is he doing that?!
BennettHe’s trying to get to the roof!
SaundersWhat, are we not good enough to chase him in the streets?
BennettI’m on it!
Agent Bennett jumps onto the top of a small brick wall surrounding a small garden in a nearby building. He jumps and grabs on to a window ledge located above the wall where he’s standing. As he jumps off the wall a large chunk of it is ripped off, and hits the ground just as he grabs onto a fire escape. Bennett runs up the stairs to meet Gabriel on the roof.
SaundersSaunders runs to his car and starts driving, following the directions that Agent Bennett is telling him through his car speakers.
How the hell did you just do that?
BennettCan you hear me?
SaundersYes.
BennettHe’s headed left down Tennessee!
Gabriel sees Bennett behind him and tries to get away by jumping to near-by buildings, but it is no use. The agent is never far behind him and getting closer by the second.
GabrielOh come on!
Gabriel keeps trying to get away by jumping to a nearby building, but it’s no use. He tries to think of possible ways to escape. If his theory is correct, he wouldn’t have much of an advantage in a fight with Cole Bennett so he has to think fast. He quickly spots an alley with a clothes line he can jump off. He takes off his coat and zips down the clothes line... but as it turns out, life isn’t quite like the movies. The line snaps and Gabriel falls. He’s able to roll on impact, lessening his fall but he still hurts himself going down.
GabrielThat didn’t happen at all like the movies!
Agent Bennett doesn’t see a way down as Gabriel runs around the corner into a busy sidewalk.
BennettHe just fell down and headed out into the streets near that Chinese restaurant.
SaundersAlright I’m here. I don’t see him anywhere.
BennettHe just turned the corner now!
SaundersWell he’s not here. Where are you?
BennettHang on! Aim for the bushes, right?
Agent Bennett jumps off the roof directly to the ground. He lands on his feet, seemingly unhurt, but he needs a second to get over the pain. He then starts running out into the streets.
SaundersWhat the... where are you going?
BennettHe couldn’t have gone far, keep up!
SaundersI’m the one in the car!
BennettYeah but I’m just naturally faster than you.
SaundersYou call that ‘natural’?
BennettFair enough. Either way, hurry!
Lisa and Ryan are back at their new house unpacking some things.
LisaWell, that was an awkward dinner.
RyanWhy did you tell them you used to be a receptionist? Also, what is this?
LisaI think it’s an iPod, it’s been a while since I’ve seen one. And I was supposed to tell them that.
RyanHuh?
Lisa pulls out a folded sheet of paper from her pocket; it is bright yellow and has what looks like a coffee stain on it.
Ryan runs upstairs while Lisa picks up a phone book she finds left in the house. She begins turning through the pages until she finds the number she wants and calls immediately.LisaThis says everything about us. Who we’re supposed to be and who we are.
RyanWhen did you have time to read that?
LisaBack at the motel, when I sent you out for a while.
RyanI thought you were watching TV.
LisaI was reading until they started talking about your dad in the news.
RyanSo that thing has our new lives written on it?
LisaSpeaking of which, I want to talk about that question you asked at dinner. The one about school.
RyanI know. I’m supposed to be home schooled or something, right? So people don’t recognize me.
LisaThat’s ridiculous. Why would you think you’d need to be home schooled? That’s a terrible idea.
RyanReally?
LisaLet’s go check out that school today. I also have a few things I’d like to take care of.
RyanOkay, I just got to unpack some stuff in my new room.
LisaAlright, I’ll call you when we need to go.
LisaHello, I’d like to make an appointment with Dr. Flemming.
Agent Thompson leans back in his chair and yawns as the 247th surveillance video runs out of footage.
SaundersHow’s it going, Thompson?
ThompsonWhy do I have to look over so many videos? I feel like you’re punishing me for some reason.
SaundersI am. You forgot my birthday last month.
ThompsonFine, I’ll buy you a cake. Can I stop watching now?
SaundersMight as well get comfortable. We’re acquiring more surveillance footage as we speak.
ThompsonOf what?
SaundersWe were chasing that guy from the hospital and he got away.
ThompsonLook, the only good videos that will tell us anything useful are the ones from the hospital and the cameras were shut down when it happened. I’ve been looking at these for over 24 hours and there’s been nothing.
SaundersWell keep looking. Oh and here’s a tip; you could always lie and tell another person that I ordered them to help you. It’s really sad when you have to be told how to be lazy.
Agent Bennett knocks on the door and lets himself in the room.
BennettSir, we have some camera footage from buildings nearby but not very much.
SaundersAlright. Hey, here’s a question: who uses a clothes line anymore?
BennettIt’s better for the environment.
SaundersAh, it’s not like we’re any closer to stopping global warming than we were 20 years ago.
Lisa and Ryan are driving to Notre Dame Elementary. Lisa turns on the radio to hear any news about Adam.
Radio...and the president will be visiting the United Kingdom today to...
RyanWe’d already know right now if we could use the Internet.
LisaI told you, we can’t use the Internet.
RyanIt’s not like I’m going to blog about our daily adventures. We can go to a library or something and use one of their computers.Lisa
We’ll see. Right now, let’s go check out this school. Oh, and I talked to Mary Wilson and she said you can go over their house for the day to play with the kids while I have to go do some errands tomorrow.
Ryan
Wait, what? Why?
LisaWell I can’t leave you home alone.
RyanWhy would I be left home alone? Where are you going to be?
LisaI told you I have some errands to do.
RyanLike what? Why can’t I come?
LisaBecause I have to take care of these things on my own. Don’t worry about it and just listen to me, okay?
RyanI don’t want to spend the day at the Wilson’s.
LisaI know, but it’s just one day and the kids seem to like you so maybe you’ll grow to like them.
RyanFine.
Bobby jokingly says this and starts laughing.JoeI thought you guys weren’t going to make it.
SaundersWe got extra help on the work we needed so that we didn’t have to miss poker night.
JoeSo what is it you guys are working on now, exactly?
SaundersThat’s classified.
JoeSince when am I a news reporter? You can’t tell me?
SaundersThere was a Pod missing in a shipment to an out of state hospital that we had to look into. Now can we just play poker?
JoeReally? You think someone stole it?
SaundersHey, when you get a badge with clearance, then you can start asking us questions.
BobbyYeah, some of us at this table don’t have the same connections as you and we probably shouldn’t be hearing this, right?
JoeYou know, Jason, I know what your poker face looks like, too.
SaundersThe way I see it, the only reason we’re still not asking you the same question we asked last visit is because you’re not bugging us about our operations. But now you’re crossing that line.
JoeI see your point.
JackHey, Joe, I saw on the news what happened to your son-in-law. I’m sorry about your loss.
SaundersYeah, Joe, I saw that, too. I’m so sorry to hear that.
Saunders gives Joe a menacing smirk as he lays down a full house, kings full of eights, and reaches to collect the pot before Joe smacks his hand.
JoeDon’t be so confident, Jason; it will get you nowhere. And yes, it’s tragic. I didn’t even get a chance to say goodbye to him. All those people from LifeSource kept visiting him and all that press was around the building. I just hope my daughter and my grandson are alright.
Joe gives Saunders a look right back as he plays a royal flush, besting the agent.
BobbyYeah, why are they missing?
JoeI couldn’t tell you.
SaundersShe activated the Pod without the doctor’s say so, so she’s hiding to avoid arrest.
BenWouldn’t the nurse be the one who would be punished? Didn’t she activate it?
SaundersShe was arrested last night, Ben.
BobbyHey, Cole, are you in or what?
BennettJoe, why are there mushrooms on this pizza?
To be continued...
Missed the Q&A last week? Sorry, we've been extremely busy. You can read it now here, and suggest questions for future Q&A session on our Facebook page or using the "#ReGenerationTheBog" hashtag on Twitter!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave a comment here!