| Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 |
Thompson points on the screen where Gabriel is in the crowd.SaundersHow’s it going, Thompson?
ThompsonGot more footage for me to look at?
SaundersNo, I thought I’d give you a break.
ThompsonGood. We’ve found something.
SaundersLet’s see.
ThompsonIs this the guy?
SaundersWhere?
ThompsonIn the crowd, right there.
Thompson sighs at the thought of looking over more videos; he’s been at it since Lisa left the hospital.SaundersThompson, I love you. Where is this?ThompsonA couple blocks away from the restaurant.SaundersGood news, print this picture out and you get to go down there and investigate.ThompsonThank God.SaundersOh, and get some more surveillance videos from the area to see where he went.
ThompsonYes, sir.
Lisa knocks on her neighbour's door and waits for Mary to come open it.
Tom walks to the door.MaryOh my God! Melissa, what happened to your face?
LisaOh, Ryan left a box we were unpacking on top of the stairs and I tripped.
MaryAre you alright?
LisaYeah, I’m fine, thanks.
Ryan and Mary walk inside the house.TomHey, Melissa. Ouch, what happened there?
MaryShe tripped and fell.
TomIf you were married, that would sound like domestic violence to me. You sure you’re not covering up for something there?
MaryOh, stop playing the good lawyer.
LisaNo, really, I’m actually a pretty big klutz.
MaryWell, Ryan, the kids are inside waiting for you.
LisaAlright, honey, I’ll see you later.
TomMelissa, have you found a job yet?
LisaOh, not yet. I’m still looking.
TomWell, if you like, I’m actually looking for a new receptionist if you’re up for it.
LisaOh, well...
TomHere’s my card. Think about it and get back to me.
LisaThank you, I will.
TomGreat. I’ll see you later.
Gabriel is sitting in a church, praying. He is feeling bad for hitting Lisa to escape her interrogation, knowing he could have handled the situation better. There are not too many other people in there. The priest notices him and walks up to him.
Gabriel gets up, steps out of the pew, makes the sign of the cross, and shakes the priest’s hand.PriestWhy so sad, my son?
GabrielI came here for solace but I don’t think it’s helping today.
PriestWhat seems to be the trouble?
GabrielWhy do we bother to help people? Why is it when we try so much to help those who do not ask for it that they don’t appreciate it? That they throw you aside, asking not to get in their way when both sides know they cannot help themselves? Why do we not go our separate ways to avoid more conflict?
PriestSounds to me like your good intentions are going unappreciated.
GabrielThat’s an oversimplification.
PriestWell, we do it because we know its right; because God wants his children to look after one another. If a child tries to reach for something high on a shelf and you know he would hurt himself trying to grab it, would you not stop him? Sure, you prevented him from grabbing the thing he wants in which he would be angry with you, but at least he’s not hurt.
GabrielYes, but father, if that child was left to reach the item only to hurt himself, would he not learn to never reach for that item anymore?
PriestSome lessons are meant to be learned, but if it’s an opportunity to protect the ones we love we should make sure they do not get hurt, even if they don’t see why. In time they will grow to understand. For now, it looks as if the child cannot be left to reach that item on his own.
GabrielI guess you’re right.
GabrielThank you, father. I’m sorry, I must be going.
PriestMay God be with you.
Thompson and Chang are on the scene where the video showed the man last.
Thompson looks at the ground where Chang is looking and sees a spot of blood. Realizing what this could be, he stumbles for the radio to call Agent Saunders.ThompsonSo, the video showed him here but there were so many people around that I couldn’t follow where he disappeared to. It’s like someone crossed his path on camera and he disappeared.
ChangThat’s impossible; you should get some more eyes on the video.
ThompsonI had four other people looking at it.
ChangAlright, which direction was he headed?
ThompsonI think that way. Bennett said that the man may have injured himself back at an alleyway close to that Chinese restaurant.
ChangOkay, so I guess we can check there first and see if there’s a blood sample of some kind...
ThompsonWhat is it?
ChangLooks like we don’t need to go far for that blood sample.
ThompsonSir, this is Thompson. You’re going to want a forensics team down here. We found a blood sample.
FlemmingBetter or worse?
LisaWorse.
FlemmingWell, Mrs. Green, it seems like your vision is relatively fine. You said you had to wear glasses most of your life, right?
LisaYes. Is that odd that at my age to suddenly start getting perfect vision?
FlemmingWell, it’s not perfect, even though it may seem that way because your vision was worse before. We can choose some glasses for you if you like.
LisaNo thanks, I’m actually going to stick with contacts. But about my vision...
FlemmingWell, I’ll be honest it is very unusual for the vision of someone your age to start improving but I guess it’s not impossible.
LisaWhat do you mean?
FlemmingWell, if you take evolution into consideration here, unless you believe in creationism in which I should probably stop talking... no? Well, scientifically, and theoretically speaking, we evolve to adapt to our surroundings to become a better species to survive. Now, there’s proven records of people who push the limits to what they can do, or even disabilities, and having their bodies adapt to the change. An example of such is increasing eye strain but not to the point of damaging your vision. It’s not something a doctor suggests and it could go horribly wrong and cause impaired vision, but I once had a patient who I thought needed glasses. Instead, this child decided to wear the glasses as little as possible, read often, watch TV, etc... but only for specific amounts of time he could handle. Surprisingly enough his vision improved and he has not had to wear any corrective lenses ever since.
LisaSo this is normal?
FlemmingOh, no, it is definitely not common but I wouldn’t be too worried about it. In fact, if I were you I would appreciate this rare situation. Who knows, maybe it will even get better. If you like, you could schedule another appointment for about a month or so for a check up to see if anything has changed.
LisaNo, I think I’ll be fine. I was just wondering if this is something to be worried about.
FlemmingNot at all. Well, it was nice meeting you Mrs. Green.
LisaLikewise.
Joe leaves as agent Chang enters the room.SaundersI want a full report on my desk in 4 hours!
ThompsonSure thing, sir.
SaundersWhat, are you serious? I was just joking. Tell me what you know, I don’t feel like reading.
ChangWe’re assuming the mystery person noticed the injury and quickly bandaged it up somehow. We can’t seem to find any trail or evidence of where he went to. We have a handful of security tapes from nearby buildings that we started to look over.
SaundersWhat about the blood? Have we figured out who this guy is yet?
ThompsonWe’re waiting for the results soon.
SaundersWell get back to the videos!
Thompson & ChangYes sir.
BennettSir, Mr. Tyler is here.
JoeMr. Tyler? Why so formal?
SaundersListen, Joe, I was wondering if I can get your help with something. They need tighter security down at LifeSource. Two Pods were stolen this time and...
JoeWait, that bull you were telling at poker was true?
SaundersYes. Rather than trying to get through for further funding for security I thought I would go straight through you and see if you could help, instead.
JoeYeah, sure, fine. That’s no problem. What about these Pods, though? That’s not going to look good on the business.
SaundersWe’re looking at a bigger picture. Charlie believes this is an inside job. There was no sign of break-ins or any evidence at all other than two empty spaces where Pods should be. Now, we’re assuming you have nothing to do with this...
JoeHow flattering.
SaundersBut since you’re largely involved with the company we’re hoping you can help us bring security up to speed, figure out if someone from inside the company is stealing these, and helping us find the one responsible.
JoeSounds to me like this involves a large group of people.
SaundersWe’ve thought of that possibility.
JoeAlright, I just got to talk to Lionel about this.
Saunders and Bennett lean in to look at the information with Chang.ChangSir, the DNA results are in.
SaundersAlright, who’s this bastard that’s been screwing us over?
BennettSays here it’s a one... Daniel Fields?
SaundersAs in, a relative to Adam Fields?
ChangActually, it’s his brother, sir. They specifically told me about this information because of how shocked they were.
SaundersWhy, that his brother has been trying to help him out? That makes sense to me.
ChangNo, because Daniel here isn’t supposed to be alive. He died years ago in Iraq.
SaundersWell isn’t that interesting.
To be continued...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave a comment here!