An NSA agent enters the FBI offices.SaundersLook alive, men! There are suits on their way up here.
ThompsonAren’t we considered ‘suits,’ sir?
SaundersShut up, Thompson.
The NSA agent walks into Saunders’ office.NSA AgentAgent Saunders! Would you mind explaining to me why you requested and received a transfer for a patient who had been staying in a hospital in Oakland for nearly a week, burnt and bloody, to be brought here for questioning or how he is involved with the recently missing Regeneration Pods only to disappear upon retrieval or why I am just hearing about this now?
SaundersHell of a sentence, sir, maybe try taking a breath next time?
NSA AgentI’m not in the mood for your smart mouth, Saunders. I’m here for answers. The NSA has been officially assigned to investigate on the issue of the missing Pods. You should have notified us right away if you suspected any leads so that we can take over.
SaundersI’ll be happy to explain. Please enter my office. I just need a word with agent Bennett.
NSA AgentWell I hope you don’t mind if I stay here during this conversation.
SaundersNo, I don’t mind. So, Bennett, like I was saying; this girl was smokin’ hot and the things she did, let me tell you...
NSA AgentAlright, Saunders, I’ve had enough. Let’s talk now!
SaundersI really don’t care if you’re NSA. This is still my office. You’ll wait for me.
NSA AgentFine. Play your games. The way you’re going, you probably won’t be here for long.
Saunders looks towards Thompson.SaundersWell this could be problematic.
BennettSir, I think we’re losing this war with Daniel Fields.
SaundersI’m afraid so. He certainly seems to find the advantage.
BennettSo what’s the plan?
SaundersGive up.
BennettSir?
SaundersWe have no choice. He’s slowly destroying us on everything we’re working hard on toward our end goal when we should really be focusing on one thing; one thing that we really need to help speed along our progress.
BennettLisa Fields?
SaundersGive the NSA the missing Pods. I think this issue is beyond us, anyways, especially if it’s now an international issue. Joe Tyler is nothing. He’ll show up sooner or later.
BennettHe may have gone to Lisa’s location. He could still be valuable.
SaundersFine, but question him when he decides to show up. As for Daniel Fields, the next time cameras go out...
SaundersI guess Thompson can take care of that.
ThompsonWhat’s that, sir?
SaundersYou have a new job. You will have no more than two other agents with you but it’s to respond immediately when you think you have a lead on Daniel Fields. General Larken wants this to be a top priority. Since the NSA have taken over our ‘official’ responsibilities, the primary purpose of this team, according to General Larken, is to find Mr. Fields and that’s going to be almost entirely up to you.
ThompsonAlmost?
SaundersWe have a plan. Let’s just say, you won’t have all the responsibilities.
ThompsonStill beats looking at security footage.
SaundersMeanwhile, the rest of the team will be focused on what was the previous objective which, whether General Larken knows it or not, relies heavily on finding Lisa Fields.
BennettWhat about the photo?
SaundersWe’ll take care of that when the time comes. We’re pretty close. We just need our collateral.
NSA Agent
Saunders! I don’t have all day.
SaundersOn my way, sir!
Saunders (to Bennett and Thompson)Get to work.
Lisa is at a music store looking at guitars with Ryan. He’s eyeing a black Gibson Les Paul when an employee walks up to them.
The employee turns around and walks to the percussion section.EmployeeAnything I can help you out with today?
LisaWell, I said I’d buy a guitar for my son for his birthday. I thought I’d have him pick out what he wants.
EmployeeAlright. Anything in particular you’re interested in?
RyanThat depends. Do they typically allow electric guitars for school bands?
EmployeeWell, some do. Others I find have teachers that only allow acoustic guitars. What school do you go to?
LisaI’m thinking of getting him into Notre Dame. We recently moved here.
EmployeeAh. Well, I know from past customers that the music teacher there sometimes allows electric guitars but you might be better off getting an acoustic just in case. I would also suggest waiting to see what the teacher says but seeing as this is a birthday present you probably don’t want to wait that long.
LisaThank you. I think we’ll just look around for now.
EmployeeAlright, let me know if there’s anything else I can help you with.
The two of them are silent for a moment.RyanWe have a price limit, don’t we?
LisaYes but I’m sure you can find one that isn’t expensive that will be good enough.
RyanI wish I had my old guitar. Dad bought me that after I finished my guitar lessons
LisaYes, I remember that.
Ryan...did you ever find out what really happened to him?
LisaNo. I asked Gabriel and he says he believes he is alive.
RyanWouldn’t the news say what happened to him? It’s been a while now.
LisaI haven’t seen anything. Maybe if I see Gabriel again I’ll ask him.
LisaCome on, let’s go home.
RyanBut we haven’t picked a guitar, yet.
LisaYour birthday is in a couple of days. We’ll ask Charlotte if she knows about what type of guitar the music teacher allows and then we’ll come back.
RyanOkay.
Saunders takes out his phone, selects a picture and tosses it on the table. A projection appears and shows the picture of the injured man from the warehouse.SaundersSo, where do we begin?
NSA Agent
Do you know why the NSA has taken over the investigation of the missing Pods?
SaundersI assume it’s because we’re incompetent.
NSA Agent
Just stop, Saunders. You have no idea what game you’re playing. The United States is on the brink of war over this technology.
SaundersWar?
NSA Agent
Don’t play dumb. You know perfectly well the anger other nations have towards us keeping the technology to ourselves and the limitations we have.
SaundersI thought we were starting to negotiate terms for international use?
NSA Agent
This isn’t about our closest allies. We’re talking about our enemies, and others who are starting to get ticked off and losing their trust in us.
Saunders...and you’re looking to see if these Pods have reached the hands of these enemies.
NSA Agent
Want to tell me how you know about all this?
SaundersWell, since you’re here...
NSA AgentSaunders tosses another phone on the table, the one that belonged to Daniel Fields.
What the hell is this?
SaundersThis is what we were looking into.
NSA Agent
This is the man you were trying to obtain?
SaundersPrecisely. This picture was sent to us from this phone we found in Nurse Carrie Walsh’s apartment.
NSA AgentThe projection changes to an old photograph of Gabriel.
Carrie Walsh is in prison.
SaundersYes, but the man who sent this picture isn’t.
NSA Agent
You know who sent it?
SaundersNext slide.
SaundersThe NSA agent stops yelling.
We believe it was this man. His name is Daniel Fields, Adam’s supposedly dead brother. He’s been giving us a lot of trouble lately.
NSA Agent
What kind of trouble?
SaundersI’m sure you’re aware of a funeral my team was at recently.
NSA Agent
I see. So, what does this man have to do with Mr. Fields? Where is this picture taken?
SaundersIt’s at an abandoned warehouse in Oakland. It was burned down when we got there. We assumed there were no survivors.
NSA Agent
What happened?
SaundersMy guess is Daniel Fields happened. We found out the place was a hideout operation for Nico, a notorious gangster in that city. We didn’t see his body there so he could still be alive. Everyone else, other than this man, is dead.
NSA Agent
Why would Daniel Fields kill an entire criminal organization?
SaundersMy guess is because they had one of the Pods.
NSA Agent
What!? Why didn’t you tell me this?
SaundersCalm down! I’m not done here!
NSA Agent
Oh, you’ll be done here! This is beyond breaking the rules! You have no idea–
SaundersHey!
Saunders waits in silence to see if the NSA agent buys the story.SaundersAre you ready to listen, now?
NSA Agent
You’re on very thin ice, Saunders.
SaundersVery well, then. Now, where was I?
NSA Agent
The part where the criminals out of your jurisdiction have illegally obtained technology belonging to the U.S. government.
SaundersAh, yes; great story. I don’t know how they got it, but we found it there when we went there.
NSA Agent
And you believe that’s the reason why Daniel Fields killed every man in the warehouse and burned everything to the ground?
SaundersThat’s the best I got right now.
NSA AgentThe NSA agent is silent. He finally gets up and starts speaking calmly.
Makes sense.
SaundersIt does? ...er, I mean, of course it does.
NSA Agent
I know a little bit about this man. He is very dangerous and doesn’t take too kindly to the idea of this technology.
SaundersSo he’s a terrorist, then?
NSA Agent
I guess you could call him that.
SaundersThen let the public know.
NSA Agent
It’s not that easy with this situation, you know that.
SaundersYou’re missing my point. The warehouse, the dead criminals, the Regeneration Pod, and all that stuff needs to be secret. I know that. I’m saying this man killed my agents and possibly aided Lisa Fields in her escape and hiding. I don’t want my men to die in vain. Bring this murderer to justice!
Saunders nods in agreement to the NSA agent.NSA AgentI’ll have to continue this conversation later. I’ll be in touch with you soon about this situation.
SaundersThat’s it? I’m pretty sure there’s a lot of other stuff to discuss here.
NSA AgentI can’t make this decision on my own. You understand.
To be continued...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave a comment here!