| Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 |
The agents walk through the door and pass a guard; behind him are tables and chairs with people eating food.BennettThis is a weird place.
SaundersWell this is where he said they should be.
BennettI think they would have moved if they knew the other guys might come back to kill them, considering they know their hideout.
SaundersI don’t think this is their hideout. Let’s just check it out.
The guard leaves.GuardYou two seem lost. Can I help you?
SaundersYeah, uh, we’re looking for Roberto.
GuardAnd what business do you have with Roberto?
SaundersWe need to ask him a few questions.
GuardI see. Wait right here.
Saunders responds to Bennett in a sarcastic tone.BennettSomething doesn’t seem right here.
The guard comes back.SaundersGee, could it be the guard at the door of the restaurant?
The agents follow the guard to a back room. Inside the first doorway to their left was a room filled with suspicious looking men sitting around tables talking, some seem to be playing poker. Instead, the guard leads them to a door which leads to a hallway. The guard finally stops and points to a large wooden door to his right.GuardRight this way.
The guard walks away.GuardRoberto will see you now.
They knock on the door.SaundersBe prepared for anything.
They hear laughter on the other side of the door before Saunders opens it and walks in. Immediately they are grabbed by people with guns pointed at their heads. There are a few half-clothed people in the room and a man sitting next to a woman, both in robes, who finally speaks.SinDo you not know how to open a door? Turn the knob and push, idiots!
Sin laughs and stands up.SinYou have got to be the worst FBI agents in the world.
SaundersAre you Roberto?
SinNo. You will not be seeing him today. My name is Sin. Now tell me, what brings you here?
SaundersRoberto. We came to speak with him and right now you are just wasting my time.
The agents exchange glances and nod. Bennett grabs the guy holding him by the arm as he shoots so that the shot hits the ceiling, and throws the man at the group of men sitting at the table before they can get up to shoot at him. Bennett pulls out his gun and starts shooting all the men in the room. Gun shots are being fired back directly at Bennett but he doesn’t move. Seeing their male counterparts are in need of help, the women get up and start shooting. Saunders takes out his gun and fires at the women and any remaining men standing. Sin is the only one left alive; injured but still breathing.SinI don’t think you seem to realize the situation you’re in. Now tell me why you are here or I will have my men shoot your friend in the head.
BennettYou realize there are people eating down the hall. They’ll hear gunshots.
SinSo at the very worst they’ll scream and run out of the building. None of them will do anything. This is your last chance.
Again the agents look at each other and each takes their positions; Bennett walks over to start guarding the door while Saunders moves in towards the man.SaundersWatch the door!
Saunders shoots Sin in the forehead and kills him.SaundersThat was for calling us the worst FBI agents in the world.
SinWhat the hell!? You had to kill everyone here?
SaundersSeems to me like you gave us no other choice. Now I’ll ask one more time; where is Roberto!?
SinHe’s in the poker room. Please just let me go now.
SaundersWell, since you said please.
They slowly open the door, guns pointed to see if anyone is waiting on the other side. Saunders leads Bennett down the hallway, keeping his gun at the ready as they make their way to the poker room. They open the door to find everyone starring at them like they’re waiting for them to sit down and play a game. The agents walk in, guns in hand.BennettDid you get that all out of your system?
SaundersMostly. Now let’s go say hi to Roberto.
Behind them, guns are pointed at their head.ManDo you want in?
SaundersWhere’s Roberto?!
The agents turn around and see Bobby, the man they know through Joe Tyler when they play poker, standing behind them with a gun pointed in Saunders face.BobbyWell I’ll be damned.
BobbyPut your guns away, boys, unless you feel like you’ve had a good enough life.
Saunders rolls his eyes and starts getting aggravated.SaundersWhat the hell are you doing here?
BobbyI own this place. By the way, you’re cleaning up that mess you made back there. And don’t worry; I never liked those guys anyways.
SaundersWait, are you ‘Roberto?’
BobbyYeah, but my good friends call me Bobby, as you know already. I saw you come in and wanted to know what you wanted first. Killing everyone in that room was a clear message that it’s a really important matter. So what can I do for you?
SaundersAre you the one who was in a gun fight with Nico?
BobbyOh that guy? Yeah. He wants to try and control this place. I think he wants to tear it down, turn it into a whore house or something, I don’t know. All I know is this is my home, for me and my people, and we have a pretty good business going on here on top of other businesses I’m involved with.
SaundersI can’t believe this is going on right now. Listen, we need a private chat.
BobbyFine, let’s sit in the restaurant; it’s pretty empty right now.
18 years after the agents were in school with those bullies, Cole Bennett is on duty as a police officer. He is walking to his police car when he gets bumped into by a man running. Their faces meet and Cole’s eyes widen as he recognizes who it is. The man, who is clearly terrified, kept on running.December 17, 2008 – San Fransisco
Cole starts running after his long lost friend and follows him into an alleyway.BennettJason? Hey, Jason!
Jason Saunders stops and turns around.BennettJason, wait!
Logan stares at the cop for a minute.SaundersI’m sorry! Look, I just don’t have your... Cole?
BennettHey, Jason. Long time no see.
SaundersYeah. Hey, I’m actually kind of happy you’re here.
BennettWhy? What’s wrong?
LoganHe went this way! There he is!
First ThugShit, a cop!
LoganWait!
Logan pulls out a gun and his gang follows his lead.LoganNo way! Cole Bennett. So you’re supposed to be a cop now? I don’t believe it. It’s probably just another dirty lie.
Logan starts laughing.BennettWhoa! Hey, Logan, I know we never got along in the past but I really think you should put those guns away.
LoganShut up! Jason, where’s my money?
SaundersI told you, I don’t have it yet. I need a little more time.
BennettAlright, let’s just all calm down here. What seems to be the problem?
LoganWhen I want you to talk, I’ll ask you to! Jason here owes me some money. It seems he bet a little more than he had at a high stakes poker game.
BennettSo you fellows were gambling, huh?
LoganYeah, you can play cop all you want, I’m not buying it.
BennettWould it help if you looked at my badge?
Cole starts to slowly pull out his badge.LoganSure, I need to see this.
Logan looks at the badge.BennettHere, take a look.
Logan moves slightly to reveal that Cole has a gun pointed at him.LoganWell I’ll be... guys, drop your guns.
Second ThugWhy?
BennettBecause if you don’t, I’ll shoot him.
They all drop their guns.Third ThugYou’re not going to shoot him.
BennettMaybe not if he was a regular citizen, but for this particular dirt bag I think I’ll make an exception to the law. You’re all under arrest. You too, Jason. I’m sorry.
Cole takes out his radio.First ThugAre you sure you have enough handcuffs there?
Logan jumps out of the way as one of his men takes a shot at him with a hidden gun. Jason jumps towards the guns that the guys have dropped and quickly grabs two of them. He points the guns at the guy who took the shot.BennettThis is Officer Cole Bennett; I’m going to need backup at–
LoganNow!
He drops the gun.SaundersDrop it!
All the men leave.SaundersNow leave here before the cops come.
LoganAre you going to give me my money?
SaundersNow!
Jason grabs the radio.RadioOfficer Bennett, are you okay? Was that a gun shot?
SaundersOfficer down!
RadioWho is this? What’s happening?
SaundersOfficer Jason Saunders from the Los Angeles Police Department. I’m going to need an ambulance at 7th Street. Hurry!
BennettSo you’re a cop, huh?
SaundersYeah, but I guess I have a little bit of a problem. Please don’t tell anyone, especially not the wife.
BennettYou’re married?
SaundersYeah.
BennettDon’t worry, I owe you one.
SaundersI don’t think the count is even, Cole. I’m pretty sure I owe you one, now.
Present Day – Oakland
Bobby doesn’t really know what’s happening; he’s just playing along with the agents until he can figure out what they’re talking about and how it involves him.SaundersI’ve never been in a more confusing scenario.
BobbyWell help me understand so I can help.
SaundersAlright, maybe I can tell you; well, not everything, obviously.
BobbyObviously.
Bobby starts laughing.SaundersWe’re basically stuck on a number of cases. We get one lead to check out this warehouse, next thing we know Nico is there and he has his men take out our squad. He then tells us he has a lot of information we need on our other cases so we kind of need him. The problem is he will only tell us if we... well... if we ‘get rid of’ you and your people.
BobbySo, why not tell him off and arrest his ass?
SaundersIt’s not that simple for us.
BobbySo you’re actually considering killing us here?
SaundersNo, I’m considering arresting you.
Saunders whispers something to Bobby.BobbyLike hell you are. So you stab me in the back and then let that bastard go free?
SaundersNot exactly. But we need to make it seem real. Do this for us and we’ll make it up to you.
BobbyHow?
Bobby looks at Bennett.BobbyMy men are not going to go down without a fight. There are others, too, that aren’t here.
SaundersGive us names. We’ll try not to hurt anyone but we can’t have anyone knowing what’s going on.
BobbyI understand.
BobbyHey, Cole, you’re kind of bleeding... a lot.
To be continued...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave a comment here!