Before You Read!

If this is your first time here, you might want to check out the Introduction before you begin or start off from the beginning with Chapter 1: Reborn (Part 1).

Chapter 7: Playing Games (Part 2)

Part 1

Thompson is sitting in the car with Chang. They are watching Joe Tyler in a coffee shop and providing updates to agent Saunders over the radio.
Thompson
He’s leaving the coffee shop now.

Saunders
I don’t need a play-by-play for every stupid thing he does. Find out where he goes, keep notes on anything you think is important and then report back to me.

Thompson
Yes sir.
Thompson puts down the radio.
Thompson
Follow him. It looks like we have a long day ahead of us.
Agent Chang starts driving and follows Joe Tyler.



In the FBI offices, agent Saunders is receiving a call from agent Thompson over the radio.
Saunders
I don’t need a play-by-play for every stupid thing he does. Find out where he goes, keep notes on anything you think is important and then report back to me.

Thompson
Yes sir.

Saunders
I think Thompson just likes to get on my nerves.

Bennett
It seems everyone is getting on your nerves lately.

Saunders
Well now that we have some useful information maybe I’ll be in a better mood.

Kenny
Sir! The security cameras at LifeSource are down again!

Saunders
Alright, we prepared for this. Team 2, get ready to go! We’re not going to let Mr. Fields get away from us this time.
Saunders looks at Bennett.
Saunders
See? I’m in a better mood already.

Gabriel is waiting in Lionel’s office again. Lionel walks in.
Lionel
Jesus! Did you knock out Stacy again?

Gabriel
Calm down, she’s just in the bathroom this time. And watch your language.

Lionel
Well aren’t we just the touchy religious type.

Gabriel
Have you found anything?

Lionel
No. The only time I’ve seen any FBI agents is when they come to upgrade the security. Apparently they think we’re in danger from attacks but I think they’re just talking about you.

Gabriel
Speaking of which, I don’t have much time here so quickly tell me anything else you feel to be of importance before they get here.

Lionel
They’re coming here now? Why?

Gabriel
Let’s start with anything you’ve found out about Joe Tyler.

Lionel
I haven’t seen Mr. Tyler since the last time we met. I’m sorry I just don’t have anything for you.
Gabriel hands Lionel a phone.
Gabriel
I need to be able to trust you. If you find out anything important call the number on this phone. Don’t let anybody else get this, keep it safe. Don’t let me down.
Gabriel starts to walk away.
Lionel
Where are you going now?

Gabriel
I need to leave, but I’m going to see if I can get anymore answers. Then I’m going to fire back at the guys keeping secrets. They haven’t won yet.

Lionel
How do you fight the FBI?

Gabriel
By taunting them.

The FBI arrives outside the LifeSource headquarters.
Saunders
Search the place! I want him alive. If you must shoot to kill, at least avoid the head for obvious reasons.
Lionel walks out to the FBI.
Lionel
Um, what’s going on, Jason?

Saunders
We got a notice that the security cameras in the place have gone down. We think someone may have infiltrated the premises. It may be another theft attempt or maybe an attack. Tell everyone to calmly move to the main lobby while FBI agents interview them. The rest of us will be inspecting the rest of the building.

Lionel
Sure, whatever you need to do.

Gabriel is now at Joe Tyler’s house searching his computer for information. Unfortunately, the computer is heavily protected. Gabriel searches through drawers and documents but can’t find any useful information.
Gabriel
You cover your tracks well, Mr. Tyler.
When he finally realizes he won’t find anything useful in this house, he looks at the number on his phone and dial’s it using Joe’s phone.


Saunders
Damn it! Where is he?

Bennett
We searched the whole place twice, he’s not here.

Saunders
How the hell does he disappear like this?
Kenny, an FBI agent, calls Saunders’ radio.
Kenny
Sir, we are noticing computer activity from Mr. Tyler’s house.

Saunders
This better be important. I don’t want you to interrupt me every time he looks at porn.

Kenny
Sir, we checked with Agent Thompson and they’re still following Mr. Tyler on the road. Someone else is in the house.

Saunders
What!?
Saunders phone starts ringing. He picks it up and sees the caller ID says its Joe Tyler.
Saunders
He’s calling me!

Kenny
Who?

Saunders
The man in the house! Hold on!
Saunders takes the call.
Gabriel
Hello, Jason. You can’t catch me. I know your secret, and even your puppet Cole Bennett couldn’t catch me. I also know how you don’t want people to find out about your secret and I have proof of that. You should really make sure your tracks are hidden better... or should I say, burn them down completely.

Saunders
Kenny, I want agents at Joe Tyler’s house and at the Warehouse!

Gabriel
We’ll keep it touch, Jason. I’m sure by now you’ve found my surprise at LifeSource...
Saunders covers the phone and whispers to Bennett.
Saunders
Did we find anything?

Bennett
No.

Gabriel
And I’m sure you have the best agents to figure out what I’ve stolen from Mr. Tyler’s house. And I’m sure you have enough agents following what Mr. Tyler is doing right now. You have a good day now, Mr. Saunders.

Saunders
Alright, every agent has an assignment now!


Agent Thompson and Chang are still following Joe Tyler.
Chang
Where do you think he’s going?

Thompson
I don’t know and I don’t care until we get there. I hate being a baby sitter.

Chang
It seems weird he’s travelling all the way to the other side of the city. You think maybe he’s meeting someone?

Thompson
Or maybe leaving the city?

Chang
Wait, you think he might be going to see his daughter?

Thompson
Let’s hope he’s that stupid.
Joe eventually stops in front of a spa.
Thompson
Is he seriously going into a spa right now?

Chang
Of course; a billionaire needs his daily massage.
Thompson sighs.
Thompson
I was really hoping we could catch a break for once.
An angry yet familiar voice booms from the radio.
Saunders
Thompson, what’s Joe doing right now?

Thompson
I thought you didn’t want a play-by-play, sir.

Saunders
Don’t be a smart-ass. We have reason to believe he’s planning on doing something
suspicious.

Thompson
Trust me, the only suspicious thing he’s doing is being naked in front of a bunch of other old guys in a sauna. He just walked into a spa.

Saunders
Keep an eye on him.

Thompson
Will do.


Another FBI agent calls agent Saunders on the radio as he finishes talking to agent Thompson
Terry
Sir, we just arrived at the house but I think its all clear.

Saunders
Search the computers and report anything out of the ordinary. He may have left something behind. Something is supposed to be stolen.
Saunders turns to Bennett
Saunders
What have you found out from the people in the lobby?

Bennett
Nobody knows what’s going on.
Saunders
Mr. Sabatelli’s office would be a place of interest, have an agent check that room again for anything out of the ordinary.

Bennett
Yes sir.

Saunders
What about the Pods in the building?

Bennett
All secure, none seem to be tampered with.

Saunders
And did you find any explosives or anything else left in the building that may be suspicious?

Bennett
Not yet, sir.

Saunders
We may need to call a bomb squad just in case. We can’t leave it to chance.

Bennett
Have you heard anything from the warehouse?

Saunders
They haven’t reached it yet but I’ll let you know when they do.

Chang
He’s been in there for a long time.

Thompson
It’s a spa. What do you expect? It takes hours to relax.

Chang
I think we should go down and check it out. Something doesn’t seem right.

Thompson
Alright, let’s go.
The agents get out of the car and enter the building. They reach the main desk.
Reception
Can I help you?

Thompson
Agent Thompson, FBI. I’m wondering if you could direct us to where Joe Tyler is presently.

Reception
Who?

Thompson
Are you kidding me? Mr. Tyler the billionaire? I’m assuming he’s a regular here.

Reception
Wait, that older man who came in here a couple of hours ago was Joe Tyler the billionaire?

Thompson
Yes. Is he getting a massage here or something? We need to find him.

Reception
No, he just came in here and left this note. I’m assuming it’s for you.

Thompson
What?
Thompson reads the note out loud.
Thompson
Following me around won’t get you anywhere.
Thompson picks up his radio.
Thompson
Sir, we have a small problem...


Gabriel is disabling the cameras outside of the FBI offices and it isn’t long before the agents working security upstairs notice.
Kenny
The cameras are down! I think Daniel Fields is here!

Stephen
Inform Agent Saunders immediately. Men get prepared; he’s probably on his way up now.

Kenny
The phones are jammed!

Marshall
Radio’s not working, either.
All the lights go off in the building and someone gives out a nervous shriek which resembles that of a teenage girl; all the agents stop for a moment and look around the room to see the cause, and they see Chad, the floor’s receptionist, blushing and trying to hide.
Kenny
This has all been a setup! He tried to lure as much of us away as possible to get in here!

Stephen
Get ready men… and you too, Chad. The elevator is coming up.
The numbers above the elevator door slowly change as it came closer to its destination; L 1... 2... the doors open and a few agents take a few shots for precaution before they realize that not a person, but a remote control toy car was inside the elevator. It begins to drive through the room with a tear gas grenade already set off on its hood.
Stephen
Tear gas! Grab the car!
The car drives under desks and travels all the way around the offices making it hard for the agents to grab it. By the time one of them does the gas has already filled the room. Gabriel opens the door from the stairwell wearing a gas mask. Any agents still up get shot with tranquilizer darts. He takes this opportunity to look through the office and search its computers which he finds readily available because of the unpreparedness of the agents. He takes a flash drive and copies any information he can find about LifeSource, the Pods, Lisa Fields, etc. When he gets what he needs he leaves the building.



Saunders is arguing with Thompson over the radio.
Saunders
What do you mean he’s gone?

Thompson
He walked in hours ago but apparently snuck out of another point in the building and left somehow, presumably through some other source of transportation. We think he had a contact to help him sneak away.

Saunders
Get camera footage from the place and see if you find out where he went. If he did take another car we’ll find out the license plate and track him down.

Thompson
Sir, we believe he’s trying to get in touch with his daughter.

Saunders
Gee, do ya think?

Bennett
Sir, there’s nothing here. Bomb squad found nothing either.

Saunders
There’s nothing at the warehouse, either. Everything and everyone was burned down. I’m starting to wonder if Mr. Fields is just messing with us.
Bennett stops to think and then has a sudden realization.
Bennett
Sir, most of our men are here, at the warehouse, and Mr. Tyler’s house...

Saunders
Dammit!
Saunders picks up his radio.
Saunders
Agent Walker, are you there? Can anybody here me? Is anyone there? Damn it! Call everyone and tell them to head straight back to the offices! This has all been a setup!

To be Continued...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment here!