| Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3 |
Gabriel sits down at the table where Lisa and Ryan are eating.
Gabriel lifts his arm.GabrielSo, what do you guys recommend? I hear the pancakes are really good here.
LisaWhat are you doing here?
GabrielOh, thank you! Apology accepted. I thought you were never going to say it.
LisaWhat do you know about what’s going on in the news right now?
GabrielOh, plenty!
The waitress comes by with Gabriel’s order.GabrielOh, waitress! Sorry, I was a little late for this little family breakfast of ours. You know how traffic is around here. Tell me, how are the pancakes here?
WaitressThey’re actually our signature item. People come from all over town to eat them.
GabrielThat sounds great. I’ll take 2 with a side of hash browns and a black coffee, if you don’t mind.
WaitressComing right up, sir.
GabrielThanks, darling.
LisaWhat the hell?
GabrielDon’t worry, breakfast is on me. It’s the least I could do after you so kindly treated my wounded leg.
LisaAlright, fine, we’re clearly not going to get over this. Tell us what you know already.
GabrielWait, are you asking for my help? Because I was under the impression you didn’t want my help.
LisaNo, I’m asking for answers, just like last time.
GabrielWell, since you said please. That story is true, except it’s actually two Pods. I’m guessing they lied to lessen the blow to LifeSource’s image. Not that it would have made any difference. As far as I know nobody knows anything as to who did it.
LisaWhat about us? Are we still safe?
GabrielWell, from what I can tell you have no problem protecting yourself, even from people who are only trying to help you.
LisaCome on Ryan, I think we should be going.
WaitressHere you are sir...
GabrielOoh! My pancakes! Please sit. Ryan can always try and win that toy from the crane machine in the lobby when we leave.
Saunders waits for an answer but is left with a long pause.SaundersAlright, let’s start from the beginning. We must have missed something.
ChangWe’ve been through everything 3 times and nobody on the entire team has found anything else that indicates where he went. He’s disappeared.
SaundersCome on, we were getting close! We saw him in one video and we know who he is. What can we do from that?
BennettIf I may, sir, I don’t think this is getting us anywhere. What we do know is that this guy isn’t afraid to try and sneak by us. Instead of looking for him we should wait for him to come to us.
SaundersHow exactly does that make sense, Bennett?
BennettWe focus our efforts on LifeSource, Joe Tyler, that Nurse’s place, or anywhere else that may be significant.
SaundersAlright fine. I’m getting sick of starring at screens anyways.
ChangAre you alright sir?
SaundersNo, it’s just that those NSA bastards are getting under my skin. Alright, we need to think of something else. What’s our next move? Where do we go from here?
An idea hits Bennett. It may be another dead end but it’s the only lead they have.SaundersNobody? Nobody has any idea where we could go to find out who stole the Pods, where Daniel Fields is, or where Lisa Fields and her son are hiding? There’s got to be something that can help us.
Saunders sighs.BennettThe father.
SaundersFine. We have no other option. We’ll try getting some answers out of Joe again. Chang, Thompson, I’m leaving you two in charge of this assignment. I have to meet with the jerks at the NSA. When I come back, someone else had better have a solution.
Lisa and Ryan have parted ways from Gabriel almost immediately after he won Ryan a bear from the claw machine and headed home. A light was now blinking on the answering machine.
Lisa rushes to the phone to hear the message.RyanHey, we have a message already.
Lisa starts crying as Ryan goes to hug her. When she stops she looks at the machine and deletes the message.JoeLisa. I’m afraid this wasn’t the ideal way I wanted to get in touch with you but my plans have backfired. You see, I’m suspecting that the FBI may be getting on to me knowing more than I let on. Don’t worry; your secret is safe with me. To be honest, they’ve given me no reason to believe they are looking for you. I think you’re pretty safe for now. But there are certain events I can’t discuss with you as to why they grow suspicious. I’m afraid this means that my every move will start being monitored so I won’t be able to try and get in touch with you from now on or they will clue in to where you are and start searching for you again. I know that man, Gabriel, has been helping you out when you are in need. I know what you’re thinking and I agree. There are things this man is hiding and we can’t be too sure we can trust him. But I think he is the only person who can help you right now. If not, then… well, it will be a hard journey alone from there. I want you to know that I’m always going to look out for you. I know you always say you can take care of yourself, but in my heart I know I have to help you in anyway I can because I’m your father. I just want you to know that I love you and Ryan. Please be safe out there. I’m sorry things turned out this way.
Joe is walking back to his house after leaving a message for Lisa through a pay phone. It’s raining outside and Joe runs to his house, where Agents Chang and Thompson are waiting for him.
Joe tilts his head down, takes a deep breath, and looks up at the agents.ThompsonMr. Tyler, we have a few questions if you don’t mind.
JoeSure.
Saunders walks in to the FBI offices.
Bennett strikes the wall at full force and knocks a giant hole through it. Every agent is starring at the wall, then back at Saunders.SaundersBennett, punch a hole through that wall right now!
BennettSir?
SaundersJust do it!
Agent Bartouski gives Saunders a blank stare for a moment.SaundersFeel better?
BennettAbout what?
SaundersDoesn’t matter, because I do. Thanks. I didn’t want to hurt my hand there.
BennettWhat’s going on?
SaundersThe NSA wants all our videos and documents regarding the theft of the Pods. What’s more, they’re making me do paper work.
BartouskiSIR!
SaundersI know, me doing paperwork is ridiculous, right?
SaundersAm I wrong? Fine, what is it?
BartouskiThe GPS signal on one of the machines has been activated!
SaundersWhere is it?
BartouskiSeems to be in Oakland.
SaundersIf the NSA asks, the GPS signal is still deactivated. Bennett, let’s go kick some ass!”
To be continued...
Check back Friday for a very important podcast!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave a comment here!