LifeSource, 2022, before the events of Reborn.
Stacy
Mr. Fields, a mister Saunders is here for you.
Adam
Him again? I thought I told security not to let him in.
Stacy
I think Mr. Tyler cleared him to come in.
AdamSaunders walks through the door.
Really? Why?
Saunders
Because he believes you should at least hear me out.
Adam
I told you, Mr. Saunders, I plan on retiring. I don’t care about what career opportunity you have available.
Saunders
At least hear me out. You know this isn’t what you had planned for your technology. You know the government and the Protesters are limiting you. You want to improve the world. We want to help you. We want you to further your research in secret with government spending to continue what you started and not only heal the world, but help improve it.
Adam
That all sounds intriguing but I am done with all of this. I've grown tired of this life and I don’t need another government funded operation designing another life changing technology only to get more backlash and threats from the people I try to help. I just want to live my life with my family. I’m sorry you wasted your trip here.
SaundersSaunders turns around and walks away.
Yes, so am I.
Joe Tyler is in a limo going to his next meeting. He is currently on the phone with a business contact.
Joe
Yes, I understand that it works and it’s uses, but to be honest the military has said they’re not interested in the security scramblers. Most field operations involve situations where cameras aren’t a factor and when they are, the cameras are not difficult to deal with. They’re not worth investing any more time and money in. We have to cut production on them… I understand but other than suggesting selling new models on the black market… yes… no… fine, we can discuss this on Wednesday. If you excuse me I have another call. Hello?
Saunders (on the phone)
He wouldn't listen.
Joe
Well, I knew he would be stubborn about this.
Saunders
Maybe we need to discuss our other plans.
Joe
No! And frankly, I’m angry that you are still suggesting it. Try getting through to him again. If you can’t then maybe I can try to reason with him, but it looks like we may have to drop him as an asset.
Saunders
We need him, Joe! We can’t accomplish this without him.
Joe
You’ll have to try, because even though General Larken may be heading this assignment I’m pretty sure he wouldn't approve of the methods you suggest.
Saunders
General Larken understands what needs to be done.
JoeJoe hangs up the phone, aggressively slamming it down into the receiver.
Yes, and you need to understand your limits. Let it go, Jason!
Bennett
What did he say?
Saunders
All the wrong things...
Gabriel answers the knocking on his door. He is surprised to see Felicia.
Gabriel
Felicia? What are you doing here? I haven’t seen you since…
Felicia
There’s no time! Your family is in danger!
Gabriel
What do you mean?
Felicia
I still have contacts from within that group I was a part of back in the military. Some of them are still around and they have new plans. They want to persuade your brother to create a new machine, one that will create super soldiers or something. I’m not too sure on the plans of it all.
Gabriel
Is Larken in charge of all of this?
Felicia
Yes. And you know what the word “persuade” means to him.
Gabriel
Then I can’t let this happen again. I have to go protect Adam and his family.
Felicia
Be careful. From what I understand there’s two special FBI agents that Larken assigned to this mission. I believe your brother’s father-in-law, Joe Tyler, is also involved. I’ll brief you on the intel on your way.
Gabriel
I would expect Joe Tyler would be involved. It sounds like his type of investment.
Felicia
I’ll try to keep in contact with you and help you with anything you need, but I need to stay here for now. Good luck.
Gabriel
Felicia, why are you helping me? I haven’t heard from you for about a year and I thought it was clear I wouldn't see you again.
Felicia
I honestly don’t know. Maybe I feel sorry for what happened to you. Maybe I thought I was starting to develop feelings for you and left out of fear. What matters is I’m here now and your family needs you. Get your affairs in order and pack up your essentials because your plane leaves tonight.
The assassin that murdered George Caldwell finds himself waking up in a Regeneration Pod. He is initially confused, looking around frantically as he comes to his senses. Then he realizes his situation.
Assassin
Oh God, no! What have you done?
Saunders
According to you, we killed your soul. Not that we care because we frankly don’t like you.
Assassin
Kill me! Kill me now! I don’t deserve to be here!
Saunders
And did you think you were doing the right thing? Did you think God would thank you for killing George Caldwell? Even the Protester community thinks you’re a sick man and they’re embarrassed to associate themselves with you.
Assassin
I made a sacrifice for the greater good. No one else would take action. We are going to rise again! We will take down LifeSource!
SaundersBennett walks over to the assassin and starts cracking his knuckles.
Bennett, can you shut this man up?
Assassin
You! I shot you! Three times! In the chest! You’re supposed to be dead!
Saunders
But he’s not! You know why? Because we don’t follow the rules, either. We don’t care about who you are or what your views are, but you intervened with our plans.
Assassin
Good!
SaundersThe assassin spits in Saunders face. Saunders takes out a handkerchief and wipes himself clean.
You had to shoot Caldwell in the head, huh? Well now we have no choice left. The truth is, we need your help.
Saunders
And you probably want to do some good before you’re gone. You want to finish what you started. You want to burn in hell happy with what you've done. And if you’re willing to kill Caldwell I bet there’s one man you absolutely want to go after.
Assassin
Yeah! Lionel Sabatelli!
Saunders
Lionel… what? No! Adam Fields, you idiot! You’re so dumb you don’t even know the level of importance people are in the organization you’re supposed to hate.
Assassin
I don’t care! What about Adam Fields?
Saunders
I’ll tell you what about Adam Fields. We have a truck waiting for you outside. You’re going to take that truck and drive it right into him. Since you want to die, I imagine you won’t slow down at all.
Assassin
No, I won’t...
To be continued...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave a comment here!