Before You Read!

If this is your first time here, you might want to check out the Introduction before you begin or start off from the beginning with Chapter 1: Reborn (Part 1).

Vol. 2, Chapter 30: Benched (Part 3)

Bobby is back at the secret FBI headquarters explaining the phone between Joe Tyler and Lisa Fields that he listened in on.
Bobby
According to the call he made, he’s known where Lisa has been this entire time and is expecting them to arrive here soon.

Saunders
You mean here in San Francisco?

Bobby
Yes. They plan to meet with him and Lionel at LifeSource.

Saunders
They?

Bobby
I assume Daniel Fields and maybe any other friends they might have picked up along the way.

Saunders
So Lionel has been in on this the whole time as well, huh? I wonder if the nurse was also playing us. It would make sense. So I guess they all know what we’re doing here. Not that that matters.

Bobby
Lisa may also be visiting her son, who is currently with his aunt and uncle.

Saunders
Nice work, Bobby. You’ve done just what I wanted.

Bobby
And you're part of the deal?

Saunders
Give me a few days to work on it, but I’ll be sure to have all your records clean along with all your friends and you’ll be set up with the nicest establishment around. Whether you choose to turn it into a legitimate business or another criminal organization hangout is completely up to you. Just don’t let me know about it.

Bobby
I appreciate it, Jason.

Saunders
And now we prepare for the ambush.


Lisa walks into Brooke’s Family Diner to see her father’s lawyer and close friend, Ben, sitting at her usual table.
Lisa
Hello, Ben.

Ben
And what should I call you now? Melissa?

Lisa
Let’s just avoid the names altogether for now.

Ben
It’s a very risky situation coming back here, especially to a place so familiar. Though I should say you look very different. I almost hardly recognized you.

Lisa
So is it safe to go to my sister’s?

Ben
When I was there last, yes, but I’ve got men scouting the area just in case.

Lisa
Well what are we waiting for? Let’s go see my son.


Lionel walks into the reception area of his office.
Stacy
Oh, mister Sabatelli, you have a man waiting for you in your office. He says he’s an old friend from college. For some reason he gave me these flowers and apologized which made me a little freaked out, but he says his name is Gabriel.
Lionel lets out a sigh in annoyance.
Lionel
Thank you, Stacy.
Lionel walks into his office.
Gabriel
Sorry. The flowers were for you but I wasn’t expecting her to be at her desk for once.

Lionel
I was told you may be coming. Where’s the rest of your gang?

Gabriel
You thought I’d bring them all here? I’m not stupid, Lionel.

Lionel
Weren’t you supposed to at least bring your big friend here?

Gabriel
I have some professionals bringing him in as a vital LifeSource package in the back of a truck into your building. You can extract him from there.

Lionel
Much appreciated. So where are we all meeting, then?

Gabriel
I’m sure Mr. Tyler will have a good location at his disposal. Have him contact Lisa with the location and we’ll all meet there.
Stacy goes on intercom.
Stacy
Sir, the FBI are here again. They wish to speak with you.

Lionel
Uh oh.
Gabriel takes out his phone.
Gabriel
Felicia, the FBI are here. Be on lookout.

Felicia (on phone)
Got it.

Lionel
How are you getting out of here?

Gabriel
Send one of your janitors home early. I want to know why they’re here.
To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment here!