AdamCarlie leans towards Adam to whisper.
Welcome back, Carlie. How was your time in the outside world?
CarlieBennett bangs hard against a glass window in another room looking in.
I just got off the phone with a group of people, including Lisa.
Adam
What did they say?
Carlie
They plan to eventually come here and break you out.
Adam
Oh no! They can’t do that! They’re going to get themselves captured, or worse!
Carlie
I actually advised against it, but they’re determined. I reluctantly gave them information they need to try and break in here.
BennettBennett bangs on the glass again, harder this time.
Fields, get back to work!
Adam
Please you gotta get a hold of them and convince them not to come here!
Carlie
I can’t. They rarely let me out and when they do it’s hard to find the time when I’m not being watched to get in touch with them.
AdamBennett bursts through the doors.
There’s got to be a way. Please, Carlie!
Bennett
Fields, if you don’t do your job...
Adam
Oh, please, this isn’t my job, I’m just your slave.
Bennett
You better watch your tone with me.
Adam
I’m already doing everything you’re asking of me, can I not just take two minutes to talk to an old colleague of mine?
Bennett
What were you two talking about?
Adam
What does it matter?
Bennett
It matters because it’s wasting time you could be spending making the damned machines!
Carlie
Adam and I were discussing ways to try and improve the research for genetic alterations that the Pods can manipulate.
Bennett
You mean for changing physical capabilities of the human body, right?
Carlie
Among other things. We haven’t ran into solid data until your partner so carelessly shot at one of your own men.
Bennett
Well I don’t think Saunders would approve of me killing more of our friends here. I’m already on thin ice as it is... wait, I’ve got it. Use me.
Adam
What?
Bennett
If anybody here is going to give you whatever it is you need to improve how these things work, it’s going to be me.
Carlie
He may be right.
Adam
No offense, agent Bennett, but you scare the hell out of me.
Bennett
Well I’m benched and I’m tired of waiting. Do whatever you need to do, Fields.
Back at the farm, everyone is waiting for Isaac to arrive.
LisaThere is a knock at the door. Sandra answers it and it is Isaac.
Isaac should be here any minute.
Gabriel
How exactly did he get your number, again?
Lisa
Must have taken the number when he kidnapped me.
Felicia
When he gets here, we’ll leave to San Francisco right away. Monica and the twins will take a look at the information Carlie provided and devise a plan for when we get back.
Isaac
I’m looking for Lisa Fields.
Lisa
We’re just about to leave, Isaac. Will you be joining us?
Isaac
Don’t see why not.
Felicia
Alright, let’s go then.
Joe Tyler enters his home after coming from LifeSource. Bobby is waiting for him.
BobbyBobby leaves the house as Joe takes out a cell phone to make a call. Bobby sits in a car outside Joe’s house with a headset listening in on any calls made inside the home with a bug that he planted in the home that he borrowed from the FBI.
Hello, Joe.
Joe
What are you doing here, Bobby? I thought I made it clear I don’t want to talk to you right now.
Bobby
Unfortunately I am not given a choice. They want information, Joe.
Joe
We had an agreement to leave me alone.
Bobby
Then take it up with them. I’m just following orders, I’ve gotta at least try. Where is your daughter?
Joe
Just get out.
Bobby
I’ll be on my way, then.
JoeBoth hang up. Bobby takes off back to the FBI.
Lisa, how are you?
Lisa
I’m fine, dad. We’re actually headed to San Francisco now to meet with you and Lionel.
Joe
Do you think that’s a good idea?
Lisa
We have... something to give to Lionel.
Joe
Yes, I’ve heard. I just want to make sure you’re okay. Listen, we can talk more when you get here but I just want to say that I know about your other plan for when you’re done here. I just want to try and talk you out of it.
Lisa
Why would you want to talk me out of it? You want Adam to stay locked up being forced to work on those machines?
Joe
No, but he’s safe right now and if you go barging in there then the both of you will be in danger.
Lisa
We’ll talk about this later, dad. How’s Ryan?
Joe
He’s with your sister. All things considered, he’s doing fine.
Lisa
That’s good to hear. I miss him. I’ll probably pay him a visit.
Joe
Just be careful. I’ll have Jack escort you to make sure you’re secured. I love you.
Lisa
I love you too.
Lisa, Gabriel, and Felicia, and Isaac are driving to San Francisco.
Lisa
So what’s the plan for when we get there?
Gabriel
It’s too risky for all of us to go to LifeSource since they’re looking for all of us. Lisa, you should go see Ryan first. There you can wait for your father to give you more instructions. Felicia and I will try to sneak Isaac into LifeSource.
Felicia
I think I may have an idea of how to do that.
Gabriel
At least everyone thinks we’re out of the city and won’t be looking for us.
To be continued...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave a comment here!