Lisa
Are we sure we want to do this?
Felicia
We’ve been over this. I can make one phone call to my people from inside that can’t be traced back to us and they will tell the FBI that they received intel of where Isaac is hiding. The FBI will try to infiltrate his cabin and then we’ll really see what Isaac is capable of.
Lisa
It doesn’t feel right. It feels like we’re betraying him somehow.
Gabriel
Lisa, don’t forget that he kidnapped you and sent me flying across a park. He told you he wanted to fight Cole Bennett and we’re just giving him what he wanted. It seems like everyone except the FBI wins in this situation.
Lisa
Alright, fine. Make the call.
Bobby is in Saunders' office back at the secret FBI headquarters after returning from a visit with Joe Tyler. He is explaining to him exactly what happened when he was there.
BobbySaunders’ phone rings. He picks it up and answers it.
He made a call.
Saunders
What do you mean?
Bobby
It’s the only explanation. When I told him his daughter had been kidnapped when she was, he was baffled and told me it was impossible.
Saunders
Was this before or after he threw a drink at you?
Bobby
I think he called Lisa during that time and she told him she was fine, not realizing that she was supposedly kidnapped by Isaac. There could even be a possibility that Isaac and Lisa are indeed connected in some way and are working together.
Saunders
That doesn’t make any sense, though. We’re monitoring all of his phones. We would know of any communication he would have with his daughter.
Bobby
I think he has a secret phone registered under a fake name or someone who works for him and uses it to contact her.
Saunders
So that time he disappeared from us he actually went and met with his daughter and gave her this phone?
Bobby
He could have given it to her before she left San Francisco. Who knows? What I do know is he’s keeping secrets and I think he knows exactly where Lisa is and who she’s with.
Saunders
Hang on. This is Saunders… Really? Where? When did you receive this information? Classified? What do you mean, ‘classified’? What about the person who… Alright, I understand. We’ll have our team there within the hour.
Bobby
What was that?
Saunders
Apparently we’ve gotten word from an anonymous source to Isaac’s whereabouts.
Bennett, Thompson, and a team of NSA agents surround Isaac’s cabin.
BennettBennett, Thompson, and the NSA slowly advance Isaac’s cabin. They peek through the windows and use heat detection to see if he’s inside.
Proceed with caution, people! This man is considered extremely dangerous.
ThompsonThey barge through the door and search the place.
Coast is clear.
BennettOne of the NSA cars burst through the wall of the cabin.
Alright, take as many pictures and evidence as you can and also be on the lookout. He could be back at any…
BennettThe squad races outside to find the men they left out to patrol on the ground with their necks snapped.
…minute.
IsaacIsaac slowly shows a menacing grin.
Cole Bennett, I presume.
Bennett
Mr. Isaac, you are under arrest for the violent assault of countless Protesters and for questioning regarding the whereabouts of Lisa Fields and any illegal experimentation you have undergone that may include the use of a stolen Regeneration Pod.
IsaacThe NSA agents turn their faces towards Bennett, who is now frozen in shock.
Fight me first.
Bennett
If you want to do this the hard way, these men have been given the order to use whatever means necessary to take you down and we have a fleet coming in about five minutes in case that is not enough.
Isaac
It won’t be, but I have no interest in fighting these men. I’m here for you.
Bennett
I’m sorry?
Isaac
I had intended on searching you out, to challenge this man that has brought so much fear to so many people…
Bennett
I don’t know when I became the Boogie Man, sir, but I can assure you I’m as cuddly as a teddy bear. Now put your hands on your head before I shoot holes into your chest.
Isaac
So you mean you don’t remember that fire in Oakland?
NSA agentConfused, Bennett looks down and sees the blood dripping down his shoe from the leg that was shot.
Mr. Bennett…
Bennett
Don’t listen to him! He’s insane, remember?
NSA agent
I was just going to say… your leg is bleeding.
IsaacThe pain suddenly hits Bennett and he lets out a loud yell and clutches his leg. A few NSA agents rush to him, asking if he’s alright.
How about that man that got away from you? Was he insane?
IsaacThe agents fire a barrage of tranquilizers at Isaac who is charging full force at Bennett and not stopping.
You’re not as powerful as you thought you were, are you? How does it feel to think yourself above the rest to only have it crashing down upon you as an illusion? I am your superior! I am real power! I am the leader in the next species of man to walk this Earth and rule it! I am a God and will not be beaten!
Bennett
Take him down!
BennettBennett tries to jump to his feet before Isaac reaches him but it’s too late. Isaac lifts Bennett up with one hand and tosses him towards an NSA car where an agent is standing in between. The force of Bennett’s body crushes the agent against the car.
Tranqs aren’t working! Use live ammo!
IsaacBennett gets up with rage filled eyes and starts running towards Isaac. Bullets are flying against Isaac’s skin which seems to be impenetrable as they do not faze him. Isaac charges towards Bennett until they both collide. The bullets stop as the NSA does not wish to harm Bennett. The two of them throw and return punches and it seems as though Bennett holds his own for a short while but it is eventually clear that he will be unable to keep up with Isaac’s brute force and stamina. He soon falls to the ground, completely winded with plenty of broken bones. Thompson stares from afar, frozen in disbelief as the behemoth stands triumphantly over the defeated FBI agent. A fleet of NSA and military vehicles arrive and surround Isaac. Isaac puts his hands over his head and smiles victoriously. In the distance, Gabriel and Felicia are watching the entire thing.
You’re no good to me like this! Learn to fight through the pain! Ignore the insignificant warnings your mind gives you and fight like you need to survive! Like you need to evolve!
Gabriel
My God! And I thought Bennett was bad.
Felicia
It seems like they’ve got him now. He’ll be no use to us any more.
Gabriel
Do you really think he’s the only one out there like this?
Felicia
Yes, but not for long. I think he’s the first test subject in an imminent race of super powered humans. Some bad people have figured out how this technology works and want to use it for their own sick personal games. What just happened here was a beta test and it worked. This is far from over.
Gabriel
We need to tell Adam about this.
SamanthaSamantha is arguing with Cody over who gets the remote control.
Cody, give it back!
CodySamantha sits on the couch and starts pouting.
In a minute. Ryan says he’s never seen an MMA fight before. I want to show him what he’s missing.
Samantha
But I was in the middle of my show!
Cody
Don’t worry. I have it recording so you can watch it later.
RyanRyan’s aunt is listening to the conversation around the corner holding a dish full of freshly baked cookies. She decides now is the time to enter.
So what’s the big deal about this thing?
Cody
Are you kidding me? Its the most exciting and extreme sport ever! These two go into the octagon and fight until they are battered and bruised and blood is all over them!
Ryan
Well that’s a little disturbing, but I have a feeling I know someone that you would get along with very well.
Cody
Who? Did you want to see if my mom will let you invite him over?
Ryan
I don’t think I’ll be seeing him anymore.
SamanthaRyan follows his aunt into the kitchen.
Mom! Cody won’t let me watch my show!
Susan
Cody, you could have at least waited to show Ryan the fight. Besides, I don’t think Ryan’s interested in this stuff, anyway.
Cody
Mom, can Ryan invite a friend over?
Susan
I don’t know. Then there wouldn’t be enough of these cookies to go around. Let’s let Ryan get settled in a little more, first. Why don’t you sit with you sister – Samantha stop pouting – and wait for her show to finish? Ryan, could I speak with you in the kitchen?
RyanRyan goes into the other room while Susan makes a call.
Am I in trouble?
Susan
No, no. I just couldn’t help overhearing. This friend of yours, was he someone you knew from school or someone you and your mom met when you were on the road?
Ryan
It doesn’t matter. Grandpa says he doesn’t think I’ll be able to see them again.
Susan
You became really close, huh?
Ryan
Do you know them?
Susan
No. I don’t know much about what happened to you but if you ever want to talk about it, I’m here, okay?
Ryan
Okay.
Susan
Good. Now I think those cookies are getting cold so go watch TV with your cousins.
Joe (on the phone)
Hi, Susan. Look, now’s not really a good time.
Susan
Well, make it a good time. I want to know exactly what happened to my sister and Ryan when they were missing. You owe me that much.
Joe (talking on the phone with Susan)Joe hangs up the phone.
Look, Susan, I really do want to tell you more but I’ve got important things to attend to so we can finish this conversation later. No, I promise the first chance I get I’ll sit down with you and explain everything. Alright. I love you.
JoeJoe Tyler walks out of the room to take this call.
Sorry about that, Lionel.
Lionel
I understand. We should probably continue…
Joe
Actually, that’s not why I had to hang up on Susan. I have another call waiting.
Lionel
Sure.
JoeLionel puts Stacy on speaker as soon as Joe Tyler leaves.
What do you have for me?
LionelJoe Tyler walks into the room.
Stacy, would you please find Carrie Walsh and have her come to my office as soon as she can?
Stacy
Right away, Mr. Sabatelli.
JoeCarrie walks into the room. Joe sighs.
I just got word that Saunders’ team captured Isaac.
Lionel
Are you serious? How do you know this? I thought you are no longer working with the FBI or the military.
Joe
I still have contacts within the agency that have promised to give me updates. They just caught him now.
Lionel
This is big.
Joe
Yes, we just need to decide what we’re going to do with this.
Lionel
Well we definitely need to talk with him.
Joe
That’s not going to be easy.
JoeJoe leaves the room with Carrie puzzled.
I have to meet with my daughter. We’ll continue this later.
Carrie
He’s going to see Lisa?
Lionel
His other daughter.
Carrie
Oh. What did you need me for?
Lionel
You’ve been a tremendous amount of help with me over this FBI thing and I thank you for that. The fact is Adam is being wrongfully held against his will for secret experiments and I still want to help him. Now I know you probably want to be done with this stuff but if you…
Carrie
I’m in.
Lionel
Really?
Carrie
My best friend is being held against his will and his family is being threatened. You’re damn right I want to help him.
Lionel
Then I think it’s about time Joe and I included you in our discussions.
Carrie
I thought something was going on with you two.
Lionel
To be honest, a lot of it is still business. I have to warn you that there might be some things that may bother you or you may disagree with. I’m not saying your input will go unnoticed; I’m just trying to prepare you for something you may not be ready for.
Carrie
Lionel, this is Adam we’re talking about. I’m sure we can deal with it.
Lionel
That’s not the only reason I asked you in here. As you know some circumstances between us have been misconstrued by others in this building and people are starting to talk about us.
Carrie
I know. I’ll try to keep things as professional as I can.
Lionel
I think you misunderstand me. I want to know if you would like to go to dinner with me tonight.
To be continued...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave a comment here!