Before You Read!

If this is your first time here, you might want to check out the Introduction before you begin or start off from the beginning with Chapter 1: Reborn (Part 1).

Vol. 2, Chapter 21: New Perspectives (Part 3)

Saunders walks up to Adam, who is busy looking over data for the new Regeneration Pods he is working on.
Saunders
Good morning, Fields.
Adam just looks at Saunders with annoyance. Saunders takes a sip of his coffee and smiles.
Saunders
Ah, nothing like a fresh cup of coffee to start off your morning. Would you like some? One of my agents is back from Los Angeles. I can have him get some for you.

Adam
Sure, why not? I might need it.

Saunders
So I take it you’re not making much progress.

Adam
I’m trying but I don’t know how we can be able to replicate this phenomenon that we ourselves do not understand. For one thing we’re working on theoretical programming. It’s not like we can use live subjects to test this.

Saunders
What do you mean? We have willing agents and soldiers ready to lie down on these machines to see if they have any new effects so long as you can assure they’re safe.

Adam
Safety’s not an issue much with us. We know what we’re doing in that department. I’m talking about the origin of how this works. Historically, these effects occur after death. To really try to replicate the process and test out our new programming we’re going to need to test on someone who recently died.

Saunders
Hmm. I think I see what you mean.
Saunders takes out a gun and shoots a nearby FBI agent. Everybody stops what they’re doing and stares at Saunders.
Saunders
There you go. Better get back to work while your subject is still fresh.
Saunders takes another sip of coffee and walks off, with a grin on his face.



Joe’s butler answers the door. Bobby is standing there.
Bobby
Hey there, Bruce. Is Joe around?

Bruce
Right this way, master Robinson.
Bruce brings Bobby to Joe, who is sitting in his office, and then leaves the two alone to talk.
Joe
Hello, Bobby. I haven’t seen you around in a while. Where have you been?

Bobby
Los Angeles.

Joe
So what can I do for you today, my friend?

Bobby
You could tell me where to find Lisa.
Joe stops what he’s doing and stares directly into Bobby’s eyes.
Joe
They got you working for them now, don’t they?

Bobby
Yeah, but the pay sucks.
Joe takes a glass of scotch he has on the desk and walks up to Bobby.
Joe
And what did I do to deserve this betrayal?

Bobby
I’m not betraying you, Joe. I’m not making you do anything. I’m simply asking you do the right thing. It just benefits me if you do, that’s all.

Joe
First Jason and Cole, now you; I guess I don’t know who my friends are any more.

Bobby
We’re still friends, Joe, but Jason and Cole are my friends, too. The difference is they’re offering me something I can’t pass up.

Joe
Those two wouldn’t be anywhere if it wasn’t for me. You really think they can offer you anything I can’t?

Bobby
Are you suggesting you’re going to pay me a large sum of money to not ask you where your daughter is? You and I both know that’s not you. I’m not here to pester you, Joe. I’m here to talk. Do you really think she’s safe out there? How long do you think she’ll last on her own?

Joe
She’s not alone.

Bobby
Yeah, I’ve noticed. Did you see what happened to her brother-in-law?

Joe
What are you talking about?

Bobby
Oh, you don’t know? Well then maybe the FBI has a better idea of where she is than you do right now.

Joe
Bobby, spit it out! What are you saying?

Bobby
That Isaac guy attacked Daniel Fields, threw him like he was a football, and kidnapped Lisa.

Joe
When did this happen?

Bobby
Yesterday.

Joe
That’s impossible.

Bobby
Why is it impossible, Joe?
Joe throws his glass at the door where Bobby is standing nearby. The glass cracks into several pieces, but stays mostly intact.
Joe
Get out of my house!


Lisa is back at the farm safely. Everyone is gathered around to hear her story.
Gabriel
So what happened out there?

Lisa
He was as confused as we all are. I think he knows about that FBI guy, Bennett. He says he has friends that told him about him and he plans to fight him.

Gabriel
Hey, I’m starting to like this guy already.

Lisa
There’s something off about him, though.

Sandra
What do you mean?

Lisa
He spoke… oddly; sometimes with rage, sometimes intelligently, sometimes poetic, and even biblically.

Gabriel
I don’t understand.

Lisa
I think the Pod does more than heal the body. I think all the reviving he’s been through has affected his brain somehow.

Sean
So he is insane, then.

Lisa
Or maybe he’s just seeing things clearly…

Sean, Sandra, Gabriel
What?

Lisa
Nothing, never mind.

Felicia
We should see how this plays out.

Lisa
What do you mean?

Felicia
I’m very interested to see what happens when he takes on Cole Bennett. We should observe this for future reference and possible preparation.

Lisa
Preparation of what?

Felicia
We always have to be prepared for anything. Isaac can either be a huge potential threat or a reliable ally. We need to study him.

Sean
Wait, so we’re going straight after the mental guy who ploughed through a sea of Protesters as if they were daisies who is in an enraged mood?

Felicia
Not “we”. Gabriel and I will observe him. It’s too dangerous for all of you.

Lisa
I want to go, too.

Gabriel
Absolutely not.

Lisa
I want to know more about this man and what he’s capable of. He mentioned friends of his that know of this FBI team and they could help us understand why they’re so obsessed with me and my husband.

Gabriel
We already know what the FBI are doing and Felicia and I can observe him and report back what we find.

Lisa
Gabriel, he said that the FBI murdered an entire crime syndicate and burned their bodies! These guys are sick and Adam isn’t safe with them!

Gabriel
I know, and we’re doing all we can to get him out of there. You just have to trust us. I want him out of there just as much as you do but we have to be smart about it. We can take care of this.

Lisa
Just be careful, okay?

Sean
… am I missing something? How do we know where he’s going to be? How does he even know where to find the FBI?

Felicia
We’re not just going to sit around and wait for him to search for them. We’re going to plan their meeting for them.
To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment here!