Ron
Now I assume your goal would be to abolish the laws that limit a twenty four hour revival period for patients and to distribute the Pods internationally.
Lionel
Do I wish things were different? Sure. Obviously I think it’s wrong we have a way of giving people a second chance only to tell them they have only one day to tell their loved ones their last words. It sickens me. Now, on your comment of international distribution, we’re already making progress on that. I believe we have agreements signed to the U.K. and Canada, but again it’s on condition they still comply with the same laws here which means that the twenty four hour rule still applies. At least they’ll still be able to use the technology to heal the injured.
Ron
That’s another thing I wanted to talk about. Most people overlook the other medical aspects of the Pods. They usually associate them with Protesters and bringing people back from the dead.
Lionel
Absolutely. So, what the Protesters won’t talk about is the fact that reactivating the brain and bringing life into the recently deceased is just one aspect of the Pods. In the original concept, Adam Fields – God rest his soul – spoke to me about his inspirations. He would talk for hours about how if it was possible to create technology to tell the brain what to do that we could do miracles for the medical profession and I agreed with him. Our concepts proved to be effective because when we first developed the technology for the military we were able to heal wounds for soldiers in battle. Of course, back then it wasn’t so sophisticated and didn’t work as quickly. We never intended to bring people back to life; we were just trying to heal people. Adam lost his brother in the war and I think that was his ultimate inspiration to help our troops. So these Pods can heal damaged tissue, cure some disabilities, and has even been used to grow back limbs, though it’s a longer and much more complicated process. You don’t see that being brought up by Protesters. They’re letting their beliefs poorly misguide them with no supportive arguments. I have yet to hear a proper example of how giving people life is against any religion. In fact, I have studied many religions extensively and if anything I think many of these beliefs should support what we’re doing here. Following testaments too literally is a dangerous thing and has been known to cause wars. Religion is a beautiful thing but sometimes it is misinterpreted and can become dangerous.
Ron
Some strong and powerful words from Lionel Sabatelli, CEO of LifeSource. We’ll be right back.
2 days ago
Reporter
We are on the scene of where this all went down. Outside this hospital was a brutal battle between re-emerging Protesters and a mysterious man named Isaac who some refer to more as a beast than a man. You sir, you say you were here when it all went down?
Bobby
That’s right, saw the whole thing.
Reporter
So what can you tell us of the man?
Bobby
Oh nothing you haven’t heard before. But you know what? I heard he knows Lisa Fields.
Reporter
Who?
Bobby
Oh come on! You’re reporting on Protesters and Regeneration Pods and you don’t know who the wife of Adam Fields is? Does nobody remember that she escaped the FBI after supposedly reviving her husband in a Pod and has not been seen since? I mean, besides in Belmont of course.
Reporter
So you believe this man knows her?
Bobby
Oh of course. I think they’re working together. She’s looking for revenge after the Protesters killed her husband and now she has hired help to get rid of them. They’re both dangerous. I think people should be on the lookout for Lisa Fields, too. Remember that she is known to change her looks. She probably has a new hair colour. She could be anywhere in California now. Maybe she even left California, I don’t know, but I think people should contact authorities as soon as they can if they think they see her because she is a dangerous, dangerous woman!
Reporter
Sir, do you work for the L.A.P.D or something?
Bobby
Oh no. I’m just a very concerned citizen. Tell me, will you be able to sleep safe tonight knowing that Lisa Fields is the one responsible for this destruction? I know I won’t. And I hope this message gets broadcast across the state. Hell, I hope it goes viral. Think about your children’s safety! Think of the children!
Reporter
Okay, sir, that’s enough. Let go of my microphone!
General Larken, Agent Saunders, and Thompson are intently watching as Bobby makes a fool of himself on the television.
LarkenGeneral Larken leaves the room.
Saunders, I thought I told you to leave that poor girl alone!
Saunders
What are you looking at me for? This isn’t one of my guys. Must be a concerned citizen.
Larken
Son, you cause me more stress than the entire time I’ve been in service combined.
Saunders
It’s nice to know you care, sir.
Thompson
I have to say, you’ve outdone yourself this time.
Saunders
Bobby just wants to finish our deal. As long as he’s determined to find her, I won’t have to worry about it as long as he gets it done fast. In the meantime, you can continue your search for Daniel Fields. I want that man in shackles by the time we get him. The NSA are focusing on this Isaac guy so that’s another thing off my plate. All I have to focus on now is our main objective. Things are starting to look up for me, Thompson.
Lisa is staying at Sean and Sandra’s place. It is small and there isn’t too much room to walk around in. The floor is cluttered with books and magazines; many of which detail either LifeSourse or the Protestors. They are watching Bobby on the news proclaim that Lisa is the cause of the havok in Los Angeles by the hospital. Lisa is in disbelief and a bit upset.
LisaFelicia and Gabriel walk through the front door.
What the hell is this?
Sean
We already explained to you that Bobby was going to be after you, didn’t we?
Lisa
Well, yes, but I thought he’d just be chasing after me like those agents were; I never expected him to sell me out like this.
Sean
Well you must have pissed him off somehow.
FeliciaGabriel runs to the TV, hoping to catch it.
Hello! We came to ask you for sugar.
Gabriel
Stop that!
Lisa
I can’t believe this!
Gabriel
Can’t believe what?
Sean
Bobby is accusing Lisa of being an associate of Isaac.
Gabriel
What?
SandraLisa leans back and puts both of her hands over her face, hiding herself in disbelief and mild embarrassment.
You already missed it.
Gabriel
Did you record it?
Sean
Don’t worry, I’m sure it will be everywhere in about twenty minutes. He was going on and on about children. It was a little creepy.
Gabriel
This doesn’t make any sense.
Lisa
That’s what I said. Bobby was always a close family friend; how could he do this?
Gabriel
Well, Bobby... or rather, ‘Roberto’, is a pretty big time drug and arms dealer. They aren’t so big on loyalty. And even if they were, he is just as close to Saunders and Bennett as he is to Joe, right?
Lisa
Oh my God! I don’t know what about my life is true anymore. Is my real name ‘Lisa’? Is my sister really my sister? Was my first boyfriend secretly a spy for the government? It would explain a lot, actually.
Sean
Hey, sis, our new roommate is fun. Can we keep her?
Felicia
So what’s their end goal here by telling the media all of this?
Gabriel
I think that it means they haven’t given up using Lisa as a bargaining chip. Last I remembered, though, Adam was finally willing to go along with their work.
Lisa
Why?
Gabriel
Threats aside, he actually thinks that this might be a good idea after he gave it some thought. I assume the FBI isn’t going to let him see the video of Isaac tearing through an entire Protester gathering.
Lisa
We should go save him.
Felicia
In time.
Lisa
Who are you? I’ve never heard of you.
Felicia
I was partly responsible for faking Daniel’s death and keeping him from you and everyone he loves.
Lisa
And now you two are friends?
Gabriel
I guess you can say that.
Sandra
So what are we going to do?
Gabriel
I say we change the focus. Make the media talk about something else. Make the Protesters look like the bad guys instead of you.
Lisa
How are you going to do that?
Gabriel
I have to make a phone call.
To be continued...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave a comment here!