Ron
Welcome back. If you’re just joining us, we’re sitting down with LifeSource CEO, Lionel Sabatelli. Lionel, thank you for being here.
Lionel
It’s my pleasure, Ron. Love the show.
Ron
Thank you. Now, it has recently been quite a rollercoaster at LifeSource, wouldn’t you say?
Lionel
Oh, I don’t know. I think back to that pharmaceutical supply shortage we had when demand suddenly skyrocketed back when we were beginning and I said nothing we will ever do will be as bad as this moment. But yes, there have been some personal tragedies.
Ron
You are speaking of the deaths of founding members George Caldwell and Adam Fields, correct?
Lionel
Yes. If you don’t mind I’d rather not talk about that. I don’t think I’m ready.
Ron
Of course. But let’s get back to the beginning of the company and these Protesters; if we’re to sort of stay on topic.
Lionel
Well the official word is that Protesters are responsible for the deaths of George and Adam and that recent incident in Los Angeles did not help their non-violent image if you ask me.
Ron
The Protesters have been an issue with you since the beginning of the Regeneration Pod technology, right?
Lionel
I suppose in a way, but everyone is entitled to their own beliefs.
Ron
When you first revealed the invention of the Pods there was praise around the nation and your shares suddenly skyrocketed.
Lionel
We definitely celebrated then.
Ron
But soon after these Protesters appeared out of nowhere and the media seemed to glorify them, turning them into a sort of cult, would you say?
Lionel
No, I wouldn’t say that. I know they see me as the enemy, but I make it a priority to learn all I can about the Protestors. They are a collective of people with various religious beliefs, who feel that playing with death is very questionable and disturbs some faiths or nature itself. I can understand that. But I’m not sure you can completely understand how everything in this universe works. That’s why science exists. We’re not trying to disprove any beliefs; we’re just trying to understand the universe to make this world a better place to live. And I believe that’s what we were trying to accomplish. But if there is a greater entity out there that controls everything, maybe this was his plan. Maybe he wants us to give second chances. We should be actively discussing with the Protesters to help understand each other and realize what a positive thing these Pods are to society and life as we know it.
Ron
What about those who believe there are health risks to the Pods?
Lionel
I can assure you we have gone through extensive testing since the beginning military usage and there are absolutely no health risks involved with the Pods. They work by telling the brain what to heal and to do it faster, even if the brain is not responding. It acts as a temporary brain for the body, you see. All it’s doing is speeding up the recovery process and giving a jolt to your brain to wake it up. That’s all.
Ron
Well then, what about this Isaac man who appeared in Los Angeles just last week?
Carrie is sitting, waiting in reception to Lionel’s office. Stacy is gone; probably having gone off to use the washroom. As Lionel enters the room from his office he sees Carrie and approaches her as though he had been waiting for her.3 days ago.
LionelLionel, thinking this is a trick, responds with a confused remark.
Good morning Miss Walsh.
Carrie
Lionel, I have good news! I’m not wearing a wire anymore!
LionelCarrie sighs and starts unbuttoning her shirt.
A wire? I’m not exactly sure what you’re talking about, Miss Walsh.
LionelShe exposes her chest with nothing but a bra to cover her as Stacy enters the room.
Uh, Carrie, what are you…
StacyStacy turns around and runs out the door.
Oh, I’m sorry. Maybe I should leave and come back later.
LionelJoe Tyler walks through the doors.
Stacy, no, wait! Ugh… I’m going to have a hard time explaining that.
Carrie
Just say we’re sleeping together. I don’t care, I’m just happy I’m free now.
Lionel
What happened? Why did they let you go?
Carrie
It was all because of Joe Tyler. I’m not the only one, he told them to bring back a ton of old LifeSource employees!
Lionel
What? I don’t understand.
Joe
Lionel, we need to talk about the future of this company.
NathanAll eyes turn to Felicia and Gabriel who have just walked through the door.
This is odd. Where did this Isaac guy come from?
Lisa
He sounded like one of yours the way he was talking to those Protesters.
Nathan
I’ve never heard of him before. I don’t know of any other group besides us, but he’s got to know others. How could he have done that to himself alone?
Sean
We’ve heard of some people who have stolen Pods before. Maybe his people stole one and figured out how to do that after-effect thing.
Nathan
That’s impossible. The FBI has the brightest minds working on it and Carlie tells us that they’re nowhere near perfecting it. How could he have become so powerful so quickly?
Felicia
They killed him!
FeliciaEveryone is dead silent.
Over and over again.
Sandra
Felicia! You’re back!
Sean
Looks like she brought a friend, too.
Nathan
Nice to finally meet you, Gabriel.
Gabriel
You’ve heard of me, eh? I assume Lisa told you to call me by that name.
Lisa
Yeah, they don’t get it either.
Nathan
Is it true, Felicia?
Felicia
It must be. It’s the only explanation. Unless there’s another emerging company trying to throw LifeSource off its monopoly and showing that they’ve made their current technology obsolete overnight.
Nathan
That poor man. He must have felt tortured to have gone through that.
Lisa
Poor man? He treated those Protesters like bowling pins! We have to stop him!
Lisa
We have to stop him… right?
Nathan
He’s single-handedly stopping the Protesters from the heart more easily than we would have done as a group and over a long period of time if we were even lucky.
Lisa
I don’t get it. So you’re going to let this maniac roam the streets?
Nathan
I think he’s beyond our concern and is only beneficial to us at this moment.
Lisa
Are you serious?
Nathan
Obviously we don’t want to associate ourselves with him because he’s clearly violent and lost his sanity, plus I can assume nobody in this room approves of human enhancement like this, but I don’t think he’s our problem.
Lisa
Gabriel?
Gabriel
Lisa, of course I agree with you but I don’t think we can do anything that won’t come back to bite us. I’m assuming some government agency is after him which means we have to stay far away from him. This isn’t our battle.
Lisa
This just doesn’t seem right.
Sandra
So what do we do now?
Nathan
I don’t know.
To be continued...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave a comment here!