Before You Read!

If this is your first time here, you might want to check out the Introduction before you begin or start off from the beginning with Chapter 1: Reborn (Part 1).

Vol. 2, Chapter 14: Isaac (Part 2)

Chang has a live video stream on his phone.
Isaac
I am the face of God! Who dares to challenge me?

Protester
This is exactly what we are protesting! This abomination is the result of the government and their blasphemous technology. Come on, we can all take him down!

Bennett
This is going on now?

Chang
I was able to get a live stream from an L.A. news station.
The Protesters all charge the man as riot officers try to hold them back. Every single protester that comes at him gets clobbered no matter how many attack him at once.
Bobby
Oh my God, he took down five people at once! Looks like you’ve got some competition, Cole.
Bennett lets out another grunt.


Sandra
We have to get out of here. This has become too out of control.
Sandra takes out her phone.
Sandra
Sean, where are you?

Sean
The crowd became too big so I had to drive a little further away from where I left you guys. You should still see me, though. What’s going on?

Lisa
I don’t think we can make it through this crowd.

Sandra
We’ll make it, don’t worry. Sean, sit tight we’re on our way.


Ryan is sitting outside Lionel’s office as he waits for his grandfather to finish speaking with his business partner.
Stacy
I’m sorry, sweetie, but will you be okay if I step away to go to the ladies room for a moment?

Ryan
Sure.

Stacy
Okay. You can help yourself to any of the candy in the bowl.
Stacy starts running to the bathroom.


Joe
Is this live?

Lionel
I guess our secret – the one the government has been trying to keep hidden from the public since the beginning – has just been revealed to the world.

Joe
This is going to change history. People will be in panic. The government will react harshly. The world will be even angrier at the U.S. This looks very bad, Lionel.

Lionel
I know. The thing that really sucks is my company is going to feel this backlash badly and not only can I not afford that right now, but I can’t do anything but sit here and watch it happen.

Joe
I’ll be here. We’ll have triple the security and legal help we can get to defend this place.

Lionel
Joe, I don’t care about this legal crap. What I want is safety for my employees. I want to make sure I don’t lose anyone else over this. Ideally, I wish a lot of my old employees would return to hold this place over but I don’t think that’s happening.

Joe
Don’t worry. This company will continue to stand tall. I promise you this, Lionel.
Joe walks out of Lionel’s office. Lionel gains a big smirk on his face.
Lionel
This could not have happened at a better time.


Felicia and Gabriel are still driving.
Gabriel
So why wait until now to get me out of there?

Felicia
I had to wait until the right moment.

Gabriel
And now is the right moment?

Felicia
The FBI will be extremely busy. They won’t have time to chase you now.

Gabriel
They’ve been busy before and that’s never stopped them.

Felicia
You know Cole Bennett?

Gabriel
Saunders’ puppet on steroids? Sure.

Felicia
Well, right now in Los Angeles there’s a guy taking on an entire crowd of Protesters who is about 15 Cole Bennetts.

Gabriel
What? How?

Felicia
You know how the Regeneration Pods have gone missing? I’m guessing one of the groups that stole one decided to keep it – or maybe sell it to someone – and decided to use it for self gain.

Gabriel
How can someone be that powerful so fast? Have they perfected what the FBI are still trying to accomplish?

Felicia
I highly doubt it.

Gabriel
Then how is this possible?

Felicia
He must have either killed himself or had someone else kill him over and over again in many different ways.

Gabriel
My God! That’s horrible! I can’t imagine a worse form of torture!

Felicia
I have a feeling he thinks it was worth it. He’s calling himself a God and is on a rampage through those Protesters.

Gabriel
So what’s the plan? We go there to stop him?

Felicia
No.

Gabriel
No?

Felicia
He is not our concern. The FBI will deal with him. How about we use this opportunity to reunite you with your family?


Joe Tyler is driving Ryan home.
Ryan
Grandpa, I’m bored.

Joe
You want me to turn on the radio? Maybe play a movie in the back seat?

Ryan
I miss the Wilsons.

Joe
Aw, you were starting to get attached to them, weren’t you?

Ryan
Yeah.

Joe
Well I would tell you that you can still see them since I know Tom, but that’s not a very good idea at the moment.

Ryan
Charlotte and Mason were a lot of fun.

Joe
Are you saying you’re not having fun with me?

Ryan
It’s not that. I just miss hanging around with other kids.

Joe
Hmm, I was afraid you were going to say that.
To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment here!