TV ReporterLisa and Sandra stand in the crowd, observing what is happening.
As the tension rises, Protesters have completely blocked off this hospital in Los Angeles that contains several of LifeSource’s Pods. Police are trying to contain the area and disperse the crowds so emergency vehicles can get through. We are hearing rumours that riot officers should arrive soon. Not since 2012 have we seen this large turnout of people protesting against the Pods. One has to wonder why the sudden surge has appeared here. Nothing has changed since the laws were passed, which were seemingly the fall of this once thriving community.
LisaRiot officers start to march the streets.
I don’t get it. It’s never been this bad. Also, why L.A? Wouldn’t it make more sense to take over the LifeSource headquarters in San Francisco?
Sandra
That’s where that special appointed FBI team is located. They’re not stupid, they chose their location carefully. But this can’t last. We need to find a way to kill this movement here before it becomes out of control.
ProtesterA loud voice roars from above.
Back off! We will not leave until these blasphemous machines are removed from this hospital. We will not let the government play God!
IsaacA colossal man jumps from a small building above and shatters the pavement as he lands, sending chips of concrete flying towards the nearby protesters and riot officers. He has a menacing smirk across his face which seems to take attention away from his impossibly large muscles.
You want to see a God?
Isaac
You are looking at one! This is what a God looks like. This is the next step in human evolution and you are killing it. My name is Isaac. Pass it along to all of your friends because I will take on any and all Protesters right here and right now to stop this where it stands!
Lisa and Sandra
Oh no…
Gabriel sits in waiting in his cell as he hears footsteps close in on his cell. He waits by the door as it is slowly being unlocked. When the guard opens it Gabriel goes for his attack but the guard blocks it and knocks him down. Gabriel looks up to a guard with a short mohawk and a scar on his cheek staring back at him.
Chuck
Nice try, Gabriel.
Gabriel
How do you know about that name?
Chuck
You have friends who think you’re important enough to have people infiltrate this base.
Gabriel
Who sent you?
Chuck
Your lover.
Gabriel
Did Felicia tell you that?
Chuck
Not exactly with her words.
Gabriel
Just tell me how to get out of here, smart mouth.
Chuck
Go down the right. There’s two sets of doors. Head up the star case. I took out a couple of guards but there’s still a couple dozen down that area and probably more after they realize you’ve escaped. I thought I’d leave some fun for you.
Gabriel
You know, I feel like we could become good friends.
Chuck
Probably why she sent me.
Felicia is waiting outside the building in a car. Gabriel runs outside looking around briefly before he notices Felicia’s car and runs towards it.
Felicia
What took you so long?
Gabriel
Go to hell!
Felicia
I missed you too.
Gabriel
What’s with the fancy car?
Felicia
I like to show off.
Gabriel
Why did we ever break up?
General
What do you mean he’s escaped?
Saunders
Just right now! Somehow he got out. Maybe someone let him out. Then he got past all of the security measures!
General
How the hell did he manage that?
Saunders
You tell me! You said he was dangerous and wanted to meet with him. I have no idea who the hell this man was before he appeared in my life.
General
Well, find him!
Saunders
Don’t worry, I sent Thompson after him immediately and Bennett and Chang are on their way.
General
Good. I don’t see how things can get any worse.
Kenny
Sir! You need to turn on the TV right now!
AdamCarlie leans in and whispers into their ears.
What’s happening?
Carrie
I think your brother escaped.
Adam
How?
Carlie
I might know how.
JoeJoe’s phone rings.
Ryan, I’m home!
Ryan
Where were you? You were gone all day yesterday.
Joe
I had to take care of some business. Don’t worry, I’m here now.
JoeHe hangs up the phone with haste, annoyed from what he had just heard.
Hang on. Let me get this. Hello… what? How can… but… I don’t… alright, I’ll be right there.
JoeJoe looks at Ryan’s face and has a sudden flashback to when his daughter was that age. Joe lets out a long sigh.
Sorry, Ryan, this is extremely important. I have to go.
Ryan
Can I come?
Joe
No, I’m afraid–
Ryan
PLEEEEEASE!
Joe
Fine, but you have to behave yourself.
Ryan
Where are we going?
Joe
LifeSource.
Bennett, Chang and Bobby are almost back to base.
BobbyBennett just lets out a grunt. The phone rings through the car’s speakers.
Can you believe that guy escaped? Wow, you must be pissed, Bennett.
BennettSaunders hangs up.
We’re almost there, Jason, relax.
Saunders
Forget Daniel Fields, head to Los Angeles right now!
Bennett
What? Are you insane? Why the hell would we go to L.A.?
Saunders
I don’t have time to explain. Do a search on your phone for L.A., Protesters, Regeneration Pod or anything else related and you’ll see what’s going right now. I have to go.
Bennett
Jason, wait!
Chang
What can be more important than getting Daniel Fields back?
To be continued...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave a comment here!