Guard
More of you already? The last group hasn’t even left yet.
Thompson
The hell are you talking about?
Carrie and Lionel are sitting in Lionel’s office. Joe Tyler just walks in.
JoeJoe just sits in silence not liking where this is going.
Sorry I’m late. Just came back from visiting my daughter and grandson.
Carrie
How is Ryan doing?
Joe
Well he’s gone through a lot these past few months; he could be doing better. The good news is he’s with family and he’s safe. I feel sorry for the kid. It’s nice to see you in our little group here, Ms. Walsh.
Carrie
Well I honestly don’t know what this is yet.
Lionel
Joe and I are business partners in a lot of senses. We’re working on something big coming up, but that’s not why we’re here today.
Joe
It’s not?
Lionel
No. We’re here because Adam is alive and being held against his will.
Joe
Oh, now I see where this is going. I told you, that path is too dangerous. I was there and I know the people in charge. Adam is safe for now.
Lionel
It’s still not right, Joe.
Carrie
Wait, if you didn’t think this was for Adam, why did you think Lionel invited me here?
Joe
Well Lionel is the genius here. I thought maybe you were supposed to play a role in our business plan.
Lionel
This sort of has something to do with that. Adam is integral to this business and would be an asset to our next phase.
Carrie
Wait so you’re only interested in breaking Adam out for LifeSource reasons?
Lionel
No, of course not… sorry, with Joe here I kind of get into the habit of talking business.
Joe
So you are planning on going through with this?
Lionel
Adam is my closest friend and you of all people should be agreeing with me.
Joe
How is it we always go through this every meeting?
Carrie
Somebody please explain why I’m here.
Lionel
Alright, there’s a lot of stuff we’re working on that sort of gets mixed into all of this, but the main thing I want to talk about is Adam and his brother. Gabriel told me a lot about the FBI which I’m sure you’re already aware of, Carrie.
Joe
What did he tell you exactly?
Carrie
Who’s Gabriel?
Lionel
Adam’s brother. You know that.
Carrie
His name is Daniel.
Lionel
I know but for some reason he keeps telling me to call him Gabriel.
Carrie
Why?
Joe
Let’s get back to the main conversation here. What did he tell you and what are you planning?
Lionel
There’s a lot going on that’s bigger than us but the main part is that the government has been manipulating Adam, myself, and even LifeSource most of our lives.
CarrieLionel just gives a stare at Joe.
That’s crazy.
Lionel
It’s true. And the FBI more recently had a part to play in Adam and Lisa’s lives. Gabriel believes that they are the reason that Protester crashed into them that night. I know that they came to talk to him several times before, just like they came to you, Carrie, and all the other employees that left us. I think Adam kept refusing their offer and they couldn’t take no for an answer. That’s why he’s locked up in their secret facility.
Carrie
Wait a minute. Joe was the one who got all of us out by making a deal with the FBI. Why wasn’t Adam released?
Joe
They would not let him go. Technically he’s not even supposed to be alive.
Carrie
Well, can’t we go public about this? Reveal what happened and try to get Adam free? I mean… why are you two staring at each other like that.
Joe
Go ahead, Lionel. You say it every time, what difference does it make that she’s here?
Lionel
Like I said, sometimes our business talk gets fused between everything else.
Carrie
What does that mean? Are you saying Adam wasn’t let free because it somehow benefits LifeSource?
Lionel
For me, no. I want Adam back, plain and simple.
Carrie
So that means… Joe?
Lionel
Before you continue, Carrie, remember that Joe here is also an integral part of the military and the FBI. He’s just as much at fault for everything that happened to us and LifeSource as everyone else is.
Joe
So we’re back to this, huh?
Carrie
That’s sick! Your own family is suffering because of you.
Joe
Don’t you dare tell me what I do for my family is wrong!
Lionel
Woah! Everyone calm down. We’re talking about the past here and at LifeSource, we’re all about looking to the future. Right now, Joe is here to help and is no longer involved with those people.
Carrie
But he still wants Adam locked up for business reasons, doesn’t he?
Joe
I’m looking to the future, too. And right now that future is telling me that Adam is safe where he is and if we go there it’s only going to make things worse. The fact that it helps with our next phase is just a coincidence.
Carrie
You keep saying that. What the hell is the “next phase”?
Back at the prison, Thompson is on the phone with General Larken.
Thompson (on phone)A siren goes off in the prison.
General Larken, this is agent Thompson. Did you send another team to talk to Isaac before we arrived?
Guard
They had the proper identification.
Thompson
He wants to know who it was.
Guard
Said she was Colonel Grey. There was another woman with her and a third fellow.
Thompson
Sir, does Colonel Grey sound familiar to you?
Thompson
Damn it!
Felicia, Chuck, Lisa, and Isaac are running through the prison with Isaac in front taking care of all the guards.
FeliciaIsaac punches the wall and it starts crumbles against his fists. He keeps punching until the wall is rubble and he’s able to run through.
This is not how I was planning for us to leave this place. Gabriel and the twins are going to provide a distraction once we breach the walls.
LisaThe four of them run through the hole in the wall but guards with guns meet them. All of them are firing at Isaac while the others take cover.
I think the walls have been breached.
FeliciaThe three of them take out the latest military designed gas masks, small enough in size to fit in their jacket pockets. The firing side of the battlefield starts getting covered in smoke as the guards start choking and are barely able to fire their guns.
Quick, put them on!
FeliciaThe three of them run out while Isaac is already charging past the guards. Felicia and her partner take the guards who are having trouble breathing through the smoke. They reach an Isaac-sized hole in the gate as they run through it. They see Gabriel in the distance with a sniper rifle. He begins packing it up as they reach him.
Lisa, stay close and keep covered!
FeliciaAll of them run down the hill and get into the twins’ van.
Damn it, I told you to provide covering fire and take out any guards in case we get trapped!
Gabriel
I only kill if necessary.
Felicia
And that wasn’t necessary?
Gabriel
You all got out okay.
Lisa
What about the rifle, then?
Gabriel
You had snipers eyeing you down as you were leaving. I just tranquilized them.
Felicia
Where’s the van?
Gabriel
Below the hill.
Lisa
What about Isaac?
Gabriel
What about him? He got out. I’m sure he can handle himself and meet with us at the location you gave him.
Thompson radios Saunders.
Thompson
Sir, I’ve got bad news. Don’t tell Bennett, I think he might kill me.
To be continued...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave a comment here!