AdamAdam Fields is shouting at the top of his lungs while his brother sits calmly on a bed in the corner of their cell.
Hey! Let me out! I want to see agent Saunders!
GabrielThompson runs to the door. He slides open the small window hatch to see what all the screaming is about.
Adam, calm down. Let’s talk through this and figure out our next move.
Adam
There is no next move! Those bastards need to pay! Hey!
ThompsonThompson picks up his radio.
What the hell is wrong with you, Fields?
Adam
Bring Saunders to me now!
Thompson
He’s busy.
Adam
Right now!
Thompson
Jesus! Okay, don’t have to tear my head off.
ThompsonSaunders walks down the hall to Adam’s door and unlocks it.
Sir, we have a problem here. You better come down.
Gabriel
This isn’t going to accomplish anything.
Adam
I need to hear it from him. I need to know why.
Gabriel
I told you why.
SaundersAdam takes a hard swing at Saunders who is caught off guard and falls back.
What do you want, Fields?
Adam
You bastard! You planned this all from the beginning? You tried to kill me and my wife?
Saunders
I don’t know what the hell you’re talking about.
Adam
Oh come on! It all makes perfect sense now!
Saunders
What do you mean, ‘now’? Did your brother tell you this? I can assure you that it was a Protester that tried to kill you. We got that guy and have evidence to back it up.
Adam
Yeah, I bet you do. Well there’s no way I’m helping you out now!
Gabriel
Adam…
Saunders
Is that so? I’m thinking your brother here is becoming a bad influence on your judgement, Mr. Fields. I think it’s time we separated you two. In fact, there’s a whole squad of mine that would love to visit Daniel here and repay him for that time he knocked them all out with tear gas. Or maybe we can visit your son now that we know where he is.
Chang steps out in front of the gates to Joe Tyler’s house. Ben walks out with two security guards.
BenJoe Tyler is watching security take agent Chang away from a window in his house.
I’m sorry, Mr. Tyler isn’t expecting any visitors at this time. I’m going to have to ask you to leave the premises immediately.
Chang
You’re Ben, Joe Tyler’s personal lawyer, right? I hear you’re friends with my bosses, Jason Saunders and Cole Bennett. They asked me to come by and ask Mr. Tyler and his grandson a few questions.
Ben
Sorry, you’ll have to exchange a private meeting with Mr. Tyler with one of his lawyers. Now I’ll ask you again to quickly vacate the premises.
Chang
But aren’t you his lawyer? Can’t I just talk to you here right now?
Ben
Not while you’re trespassing. I’m sorry but your warnings have run out. Security will make sure you leave. Take him away boys.
JoeChang calls Bennett, who is in his car.
Why did they send Michael? They must have their hands tied with something.
Ryan
I told you they’d come.
Joe
And I told you that I’d keep you safe. See? Security is not going to let him through.
Ryan
They’re going to get through eventually.
Joe
I’ll be prepared if that happens. Don’t worry.
Chang
Bennett. It’s Chang. Interrogating Mr. Tyler is turning out to be a challenge so I’m on my way now. How’s the leg?
Bennett
Still nothing. Agents here are considering sending me to a hospital but that’s not a good idea.
Chang
I’ll make a call to Lionel and see if he can find us a discrete hospital that won’t question us. Sit tight, we’ll figure out what’s going on.
Lionel is walking across a currently empty hallway in the LifeSource building. He passes a custodian’s closet when the door opens and a hand pulls him in.
CarrieCarrie opens the door to see the custodian just about to open it. Lionel and Carrie blush and walk away.
Are you out of your mind?
Lionel
Carrie? What the hell are you doing in here?
Carrie
Relax, I took the wire off. Put it in a desk drawer with an audio recorder that is on loop with the sound of me typing at a computer.
Lionel
I didn’t realize you are an expert at espionage.
Carrie
Yeah well I don’t think that’s going to last for very long so why not fill me in on why exactly you thought it was a great idea telling me to make friends with everyone here? The FBI is just going to make a reference list of potential new assets they could be using at their base.
Lionel
Well I was assuming they were going to continue doing that anyways since you told me they aren’t making progress with that ridiculous project they’re working on. It’s never going to work. So I thought this way I’ll at least be able to track them and subtly stop them without causing suspicion.
Carrie
And you think you can pull that off?
Lionel
Well it’s no recording in a desk drawer but I think I can handle this.
Carrie
I just hope you know what you’re doing.
Sean and Sandra take Lisa to a farm.
LisaThe three of them walk to the back of the barn. On a fence nearby are soda cans and beer bottles.
Whose farm is this?
Sandra
It’s ours.
Lisa
You two are farmers?
Sandra
You’ll find most members in our organization live regular lives. In fact, a lot of our meetings take place here because it’s isolated and discrete.
Sean
Everything’s set up in the back.
Lisa
What’s in the back?
Sandra
Come on, we’ll show you.
SeanSandra stops talking when Lisa reaches for a gun. She takes aim at the cans at the fence.
If you want to fight back against the FBI, you’ll have to learn how to use a gun.
Lisa
And what good is a gun going to do me?
Sean
You’ll do a lot better than without one, that’s for sure.
Sandra
I know this is hard. This isn’t the life you’re use to, but…
SeanLisa fires at all 20 cans and bottles on the fence with perfect aim while Sean and Sandra cover their ears. When Lisa hits the last one, they uncover their ears and stare at her with open jaws.
Wait! You haven’t even put on ear…
Lisa
I know how to use a gun. I just don’t think it’s necessary.
Sean
Didn’t you use to wear glasses? How the hell did you do that?
To be continued...
Tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave a comment here!